D8 thca

done! need beta testers x)

3 Likes

The applications for this is ridiculous the more I think about it.

Like you said, everyone’s gotta rotovap. Even the cheap ones would murder in this situation.

Want more agitation? A larger then normal water bath, shorten the neck on a boiling flask and put about a 3 -5 degree angle on the neck (think of the movement when ya roll an egg and also like most cheap Chinese glass :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

BAM rotation AND agitation all in one shot.

2 pieces of glassware and you are ready to go!

Run a 2 liter? Use a 5 liter bath.

Maybe I’m over thinking. But, man… this is AWESOME!

1 Like

it offers a ton of utility imo; like it really does; im going to fire up a test shortly, going to try CBD PTSA:Hep RT for 48 hours under argon and see what happens

1 Like

Please keep us posted!

I routinely use modified rotavaps for reactions. Works really well. Easy to gas purge with the feed hose too.

5 Likes

https://future4200.com/t/tricks-of-the-trade/2874/938?u=thelasthashbender

Filling up that receiving flask is cheap and easy…

2 Likes

I just replace the receiving flask with a little cap.

1 Like

I don’t have a cap for that joint; I guess I could order one, but I’ve got solvent on hand!

Hemp Bois for Life Homie
Ghetto

2 Likes

imo a magnetically driven reflux diverter like this; would be perfect; swap on the fly between reflux mode and solvent recovery mode.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh-Ho1dAi30/

5 Likes

Wow, that’s a neat little piece. Wonder how much it costs.

1 Like

too much prolly, really is a work of art
:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

That’s awesome. Perfect solution.

2 Likes

Even in dead of summer here in Michigan, all my grow is in the basement of my building. ONLY my ac gets exhausted out of the basement. All other air is recycled in the basement, and NO ac for the basement. It’s never over 82* in my lung room. Never over 85* in the veg room.

Below ground is where it’s at.

5 Likes

How hot is the hottest days out there mid summer? Add in light index too. I’m telling y’all my exact location is a different beast.

It gets hot here. Not Arizona hot, but 90’s happens often. It’s still cool in the basement. If I didnt have a grow here, its normally 73* in the dead of summer.

Basements are underground, no direct sunlight.

We’ve had weeks in end it’s 145 during the day & still about 125-135 at night. The only place that rivals here is Death Valley with a similarity of 125. I’m not arguing basements are ideal or anything. I’m just saying the thermal geography would entail the depth for proper temps to be comfortable without needing the additional amenities. I’m sure one could do the underground cooling tubes & suffice but would it be worth it or more worth it to run a mini split with a trip controller & have your temps controlled 100%

Food for though, it takes minimum 14ton of ac to cool a 1200 sqft room within a 24ksqft building with 6ft of concrete & steel & insulation. Now multiply that by 24 rooms. The hvac out here is insane.

1 Like

That would be a funny set up.
But I don’t think the motor and sliding part will like such an asymmetric movement.

I think you should be perfectly fine with the flask rotation, some gas bubbling, plus a bunch of glass balls rolling in there. Then you wouldn’t even need that much rpm I believe.

2 Likes

Now if only we had mm size PTSA polymer beads…

1 Like

How about this gem from @DaKine on your roto reactor:

4 Likes