D8 Liters Available $2000–39% unknowns

So wouldn’t D8 qualify under hemp then?

2 Likes

i worry about the unknowns, but MUCH more about the knows. poor or no reagent cleanup, unsanitary meth house toilets used for conversion, bottling etc.

2 Likes

At least post COA of starting material and a COA of finished conversion.

If you can’t do that then I don’t think a hemp slangars badge is acceptable for the current state of the d8 market

2 Likes

Can this not be sold as “d8 crude, not for human consumption”. I don’t know much about chromatography, is it not worth trying to purify? Maybe it’s more cost effective to start from scratch and convert more better?

2 Likes

Posting a starting material is easy. Believing it was the starting material after a conversion? I find the end COA to be the most important. Sure we can play send me your starting material coa and conversion material coa and chromatograph.

D8 crude is such a random addition of two words because d8 is made by conversion from starting material that has already been extracted. it isn’t a crude (or initial extract) or ever can be labeled as so to my understanding. Maybe d8 made from crude is surely what you meant? that’s possible? I just don’t see how the labeling would apply.

D8 lab results have shown inconsistencies and make it a roll of the dice on what to believe is what. At no fault to the provider and complete fault to these testing facilities.

If anything we need to set a standard for lab results and stop accepting any % “unknown” as a full result.

But how realistic is this? In a world that barely started allowing this plant. I love how far we’ve come to raising the bar. If my friends who showed me brick weed could see how things are progressing now…

6 Likes

while it’s easy to blame bad labs - there are also good labs around. if you’re going to be in the biz, it’s 100% on you to make sure the lab you use - and the COA’s for everything you sell are consistent and accurate.

Edit: I formulated an edible, had it tested and 4 samples came back within .03mg of the targeted D8 for a 5gr sample. Good labs are out there.

4 Likes

4 labs being within .03 mg is PURE CHANCE. bullshit more likely. Doesn’t matter how amazing they are. To be within .03 across 4 labs is sheer luck.

Mainly because that level is soooooo subjective at that point. Every reading is up to how the machine was calibrated and how they evaluate the curves.

Even if they were the best labs in the world and had 10 labs test the same sample 100 times every lab would get probably 80 different tests with only 20 of them being An identical match To one of the other 80, and that’s just 1 lab. Never the less comparing the 100 tests against another labs 100 tests.

It’s half the reason the .3 thc level is dumb as shit.

8 Likes

Yea, 4 labs would be bullshit. And statistically, more rare than winning the lottery.

However I did say 4 samples - not 4 labs :thinking:
Samples all went to the same lab…

3 Likes

Ahhhhhi just assumed you sent 4 samples to 4 labs as idk why you’d need to send 4 samples of the same batch to the same lab? What’s the point? Maybe 2?

But 4 out of the same exact pot of mixture seems a bit redundant. I send 2 tests max but usually 1 test to 3 labs. 1 lab can fuck it up. 2 labs agreeing on a fuck up and I ducked up. 2 labs agreeing and 1 giving me the result I expected means more testing to be done!

two different batches, two samples per batch :wink:

formulation of the batches was from material analyzed by the same lab several months earlier. So the original material coa was confirmed by these later batches of less than 10mg samples. The source material coa matched up with in house hplc.

That’s pretty dead the fuck spot on :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I’m not saying that it’s safe, just that there is precedent for synthetics at as low as 60% being sold for years. Maybe Guild can chime in at some point about some of the work they’ve done to validate safety.

3 Likes

You must actually consider the error relative to the measured value, and also regarding the LOQ…

In Europe the limit is 0.20% in most country, with a 0.03% tolerance.
I’d say such tolerance is fairly large enough. Not being able to find a correct value within such range, it is bad. Of course when it come to the corresponding CBD value (~5%), then ±0.5% between lab would be a fair score.

In Switzerland, the limit for d9-THC in food an beverage in the order of 0.2-20 mg/kg, i.e. in the 0.00002-0.0002% range depending on product type… there you can start to discuss the relevance of such limit, especially in complex matrices… but still, one can measure that, at least around…

3 Likes

has anyone tested for halogenated cannabinoids when isomerizing with HCl or other halo acids.

even then they may not be toxic there are other halogenated compounds that are quite safe to take.

4 Likes

We have movement on the leader board – 10$Farts outed by Reddit for using counterfeit ccells? Wait till they find out what’s in those fake ccells :joy: :joy:

https://www.reddit.com/r/delta8/comments/hpka0m/vendor_warning_10dc_using_fake_ccellsfalse/

2 Likes

There’s so much outrage in my little world. I’m LITERALLY SHAKING.

2 Likes

D8 that’s over the legal limit of .3% and Toxic D8 - how common is this? 10$Carts was just caught using likely toxic, counterfeit chinese carts and false advertising. Most chemicals used to make D8 are toxic. Many D8 manufacturers are selling D8 with D9 THC at levels that are a felony.

https://www.reddit.com/user/CaahmD8/comments/htl2a8/is_your_d8_legal_or_toxic/

:unicorn::scream:

1 Like

At this point what’s the likelihood of the MSM picking this up and generating a subsequent CDC warning.

1 Like