D8 Lab Results inconsistent

Good man! Let’s keep that F vocab for private heart-to-hearts lol

5 Likes

With what we all obviously know about flawed testing (and reporting), wouldn’t it be prudent to also question if the labs reporting 15% D9? Who’s to say the lab reporting high D9 isn’t misidentifying it? In my experience all testing facilities have 100% confidence in their results until they don’t…Just food for thought.

6 Likes

That sound like the greenleaf I know…haven’t used them in years though.

1 Like

absolutely; but that’s not my fight. I add them to my never use and never trust lab list, and move on. However – great point about starting that list here so anyone can quickly reference and select another lab.

3 Likes

I’d say the biggest giveaway around the quality of the labs’ results is the instrumentation being used and the labs’ understanding on the limitations of them.

We’re dealing with confidence levels of 95%+, so if a lab is telling you they have absolute 100% confidence in their results then you should be suspicious. There is always measurement uncertainty to consider.

6 Likes

Even condoms and birth control don’t guarantee 100% effectiveness :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I rather think the people doing the work are more important than the gears.

2 Likes

If the lab gives more that two significant digits on their COA, they don’t understand the problem…

Which in my books is enough of an excuse to ignore everything greenleaf and new bloom have to say on the matter.

Their instruments give them numbers, they apply zero thought, and simply pass those numbers on…

Given the sampling and analytical methods, even that second significant digit is hard to support imo…I’ve only run into one lab that was willing to admit that.

5 Likes

It’s possible that this is a different dilution that favors resolution of the larger peak. With samples that are high potency in one compound and super low in the others, you have to run a “low” dilution (like x10) to see the little guys, but then you’re over saturated with the higher concentration compound. So then you prep a high dilution sample (like x100) to bring the big guys back down to your curve, or linear range, which definitely mutes the minors and looks just like this, while the dominant compounds are perfect peaks.

This is pretty standard so hopefully I’m not wrong.

3 Likes

That is the case with isolate where then main compound is 99.0%+ and the other ones are <0.1%.
But here we are dealing with mixes of 50-80% and 2-15% d9.

This is clearly a resolution issue. They are dealing with a d9 “shoulder”… :confused:

1 Like

Yeah, they could definitely improve on that separation.
Although, using different dilutions on the same sample for targeted resolution is very typical of all sample types that have a ranging potencies within the same sample. Like distillate, and yes isolate as well.

What I mean is if they do a lower dilution, they may be able to improve the resolution of that peak. But in reality it would probably be eaten by the d8 peak so I still agree they need better separation.

2 Likes

Huh? I was talking about the resolution of the standard chromatogram.

Ah got it, just skimming the thread and thought you were referencing the d8/d9 chromatography just above your comment - I see the standards above it.

Thus how most of us are born. Thank your lives to margin of error.

1 Like

Why is everyone using Green Leaf Labs to retest their products? These guys were recently shut down by the BCC in California for altering test results and before that they were well known in CA as the go-to lab for getting the highest possible THC results on your material for the recreational market. Literally 5-8% higher than what other labs would provide.

p.s. If you want legit results use SCLabs or Cannalysis. They are giving legitimate results that aren’t exaggerated for your marketing purposes.

2 Likes

I used it because:
A. I didn’t know any better
B. It had the accreditation needed to keep the trolls at bay
C. it was accessible

2 Likes

That’s fair, its just disappointing to see people going from one questionable lab to another, because in the end we are getting nowhere on finding out what is actually present in these products. I won’t trust literally any of these results until I see one from an actually reputable lab. Until then its people wasting time and money to achieve nothing of value.

I’ll second cannalysis. They got a new CSO and have had very consistent test results even with blind samples. They’re also easy to talk to if anything happens. I do not know if they can handle D8 yet but I’ll to talk to them about that.

Doing a poll in a different thread trying to pick an Oregon lab to send some stuff to. I’m going to secret shop some d8 and take it wherever the community votes. https://future4200.com/t/compliant-d8-avail-with-full-panel-coa-upon-request/98090/112?u=pharmexoregon

3 Likes

@Butane you are wrong about them being shut down by the BBC… listen to yourself they were shut down in California!? They are an oregon lab no way can cali shut them down! Honestly I hate all labs and why I have my own hplc units. At least I can see the graph