D8 hospitalizations

This article is about a raising on D8 related hospitalizations.

I am sure that all the cases is for scary people on a unexpected high whom though that they were using an hemp product or other kind of mistake.

But they are writing about it in a way that makes look as it is becouse some kind of intrinsic danger to D8 as isomerization metabolites or been an unknown substance.

What do you think?

1 Like

You never know what impurities were in the d8.

1 Like

I think my brain hurts after reading that. Bassically what it is saying the issue with Delta 8 is that it gets you high

“The FDA separately received 22 reports from December 2020 to July 2021 of people who experienced adverse reactions — including vomiting, hallucinations, trouble standing and loss of consciousness — after taking products with delta-8 THC”

1 Like

Two hicks thought they were wooks, fucked around and found out… and two kids nommed their parents gummies.

Why a health crisis other than generic scaremongering?

Until someone slaps a sample on to a shotgun MS we aren’t going to identify all the minors generated from side reactions. Until then its smoke and no fire.

5 Likes

It’s nice to see that there’s not really any immediate medical issues, but people using phosphoric acid and ethanol don’t give me a lot of hope for the long term effects

1 Like

just wait for someone to use sulfuric with heavy metal contamination

3 Likes

That is the problem, media sell hospitalizations as been caused because shit on the product, probably that only demages d8 imagen to the readers that doesn’t know about it becouse government and hospital know that they were just people on a unexpected high. But if real health problems becouse byproducts happens that will knock government doors hard and media will do the rest on its way to an end that any of you will enjoy.
May be I don’t know a shit becouse I am in Spain. I just follow the news. I wish everything been right for your business guys!!

2 Likes

90% chance all of these were from poorly homogenized dosing in edibles.

Just like every other overdose I’ve read about.

3 Likes

There’s phosphoric acid in Coca Cola

4 Likes

Yeah the gloom and doom headlines last yr that i heard (Without reading because it’s not really a topic I’m involved in) def made it sound like reactions on par w/ synthetic marijuana stuff

He’s probably referencing that using acids in alcohols creates a lot of side products. Technically I think one should distill and so limit the amount of the side products in the final product but it seems like a way you’d approach the reaction (ethanol and acid)if you didn’t really have the equipment to do it right. that begs the question are you going to do it right (and distill)?

Even distilling is only really safe if you know the unknowns aren’t going to easily pass over with the d8. And if they’re unknowns and no one is testing for the unknowns because anyone capable/interested in testing isn’t going to use an alcohol and acid for the reaction, how do you know if they will likely pass over?

I’m not a chemist though, maybe it’s fine

2 Likes

The natural amount of delta-8 THC in hemp is very low, and additional chemicals are needed to convert other cannabinoids in hemp, like CBD, into delta-8 THC (i.e., synthetic conversion). Concerns with this process include:

Some manufacturers may use potentially unsafe household chemicals to make delta-8 THC through this chemical synthesis process. Additional chemicals may be used to change the color of the final product. The final delta-8 THC product may have potentially harmful by-products (contaminants) due to the chemicals used in the process, and there is uncertainty with respect to other potential contaminants that may be present or produced depending on the composition of the starting raw material. If consumed or inhaled, these chemicals, including some used to make (synthesize) delta-8 THC and the by-products created during synthesis, can be harmful.
Manufacturing of delta-8 THC products may occur in uncontrolled or unsanitary settings, which may lead to the presence of unsafe contaminants or other potentially harmful substances.

Reads like a summary from 2020

2 Likes

The local news had the sheriff on warning of fentanyl laced meth… be careful out there :rofl:

That can’t possibly be a thing can it? I’ve heard meth is addicting enough

1 Like