D8 Distillate Breakdown

I have some D8 Distillate that is probably 3-5 months old. It has turned darker over that time. My query is does D8 distillate turn into something else over a period of time?

I had some that spilled out of my cart filler in like 2017 onto the white board it was set on. The white board got stacked on a shelf dirty and forgotten about until 2 months ago. When I saw the dark red, shatter like disty, my first thought was to dab some.

It got me high as fuck, much more so than the fresh D8 ever had…

7 Likes

Do you have any left to test?

i have about 25 gr. Its getting darker as time goes…

when i got it it was water clear 100% d8.

Wonder how much degraded into CBN, etc.

3 Likes

would mixing it mct at a 1:1 ratio extend the shelf life for use as an edible in the future?

One of the engineers at Deutsche process once told me that for the preservation of large stocks of edible oils, they used a cup of citric acid to every 900 lbs of oil as an antioxidant. We’re talking veggie oils. Maybe this would work, anyone have experience doing this?

You need to reintroduce tocopherols and phytosterols into the oil.

Negative

There you go, using the big words again :wink:

Any particular phytosterols you like for this?

How deep does this rabbit hole go…

I’ve got some 7mo old D8 that was red from poor reagent cleanup (similar to the garbage @ProEndo sells);

I’ll test here in a bit and see if there’s been any conversion to CBN

1 Like

Bleaching Oils and Purifying Fats - Theory and Practice.

3 Likes

Weird, i got some water clear from him

1 Like

show me pics! His post on here show red and his explanation demonstrates he doesn’t know wtf he’s doing.

How long before yours turned red?

its stupid hard to get d8 to go to cbn without other reagents… its not like d9 where it’ll go with heat and time

1 Like

However, most of the early D8 was 20-30%D9; that D9 could convert :wink:

1 Like

There is also likely a notable share of what I suspect to be the intermediate between d9 and d8, which is likely 8-oh-iso-hhc. That one may degrade as well.

5 Likes

Any ideas on what intermediate could be produced from degradation of d8?

I had a converted oil of 83% d8 with 1% cbd and ND on d9 drop considerably in potency when it was distilled.

I’m wondering what cannabinoids could have been produced.

I was thinking exo-thc but after subjective testing it certainly felt stronger than just d8 and now I’m thinking some kind of hhc could be a possibility.