D8 Conversions, Waste Water Decontamination ideas

Hi all!

Anyone find any nifty ways to process the waste water from the conversion washing processes?

I cant think of anything other than either continuing to pay for a service to truck the hazardous waste water, without planning a >$1m multi stage distillation/filteration setup to strip the solvents, then clean the water with filteration before a final distillation of the water itself…

Anyone have ideas?

Trying to work on a budget, I know RO alone wont work as there are solvent residuals still…

Interested

Isn’t there an industrial process of using high concentrations of NaOH to degrade/crack all the molecules, followed by pH balance to local laws then down the drain?

2 Likes

Guess it depends on what process you’re using

1 Like

So, high sodium hydroxide pass as a neutralizing agent for the PTSA?

Then a PH balance and ph check?

I’m a little busy rn, I’ll find an article later. I’m pretty sure you’d want a specific residence time in the caustic solution (the waste water not the organic layer).

1 Like

So typically for my wash water I neutralize it with sodium bicarbonate, and then run through an oil water separator to remove any residual oil/solvent and then it gets stored in an IBC tote until it gets picked up with all of my used solvents by a local hazardous waste company, for pick up they charge me a flat rate+ about .25 cents per pound of material, whatever it might be.

Find a good local hazardous waste company, bribe the driver with product and he will love stopping by whenever he can.

9 Likes

Clearly lol. Thank you! I will do some searches later tonight for this method of neutralization. Sure I’ll find some articles.

1 Like

Baking soda will work to neutralize the acid as well if your on a really tight budget.

You can also use a safer more reliable process for cbd to D8 isomerization’s in the first place. Using a method with food grade cat and neutralizer will put your mind at ease. JS

I probably need to stop flushing my piss. I’m sure I’m killing the environment with every flush.

1 Like