D-wax from Chemtek…opinions?

Has anybody tried D-wax, by chemtek?
How did it do?
How does the water in it not freeze?
I’m not sure if I was reading it correctly and just wonder what people say.
Dank you

3 Likes

I’m very interested!! As well

2 Likes

Hit us up for a free sample if your interested in trying it. Reach out to hello@gochemtek.com

I’ve been using it and like it better than silica60. I know some guys had inquired about it before so those samples will all be going out today as well

The water will not freeze unless you’re running cold solvent. A jacketed crc spool is an easy way to prevent it from freezing up.

19 Likes

I shall do just that!
Dank you

2 Likes

So this powder is used with room temperature solvent ?

Only once it hits the crc. You def still wanna run cold pre crc. Then warm it once it hits the crc so the water in the d-wax doesn’t freeze

8 Likes

So my terps will come out water thin and thca and super clear

1 Like

Yeah I was wondering if it makes the terps come out liquidy
And if it will not steal terps like silica does when ya over do it…
I think the thca will still be dependent on if you do a quick crash sugar or slower grown rocks…or if ya reX

1 Like

people thought i was crazy and on the wrong path a few years ago when i suggested crc could be used to dewax/speed up the process. thank you @Waxplug1 figuring out we can hydrate it lipids and fats and get them to crash out faster. talking with you has made dewaxing super easy and quick

12 Likes

That’s exactly the response I was looking for!
Can you expound on that a little?
Any thing I can read that will explain it a bit?

2 Likes

How much would you recommend using?

1 Like

**so if u don’t have a crc w jacket you can’t use this right bc y have to warm it when it gets to dewax column and should u trim a seperated column from crc to dewax

Are there explosions proof in heating wrap like for mile sieve but for my crc instead

@Waxplug1 you need to give better explanation…

So in I run cold strip the good stuff then once in crc column stall it and warm it up,? Then it’ll grab the fast

Wouldn’t u be better to run cold the whole time keep the crc cold w dry ice to then after making it through everything to crc stall in sec and shouldn’t the swelled fats get caught by the powders that’s only if u keep the crc frozen

1 Like

i get results even though i run cold but i go heavy with my powders to get multiple runs. i also like using alumicel a which is acidic. i recover most of my solvent then dump into a smaller dewaxing vessel with ball valve that dumps into an @Indofab ulti 0.2 micron filter. i get great results within 15-20 minutes of dewaxing.

2 Likes

With that new d-wax powder

1 Like

haven’t used it yet the new powder yet

1 Like

@StoneD
I’ve had a friend suggest using a coil to warm solvent before it reaches the CRC. I’ve been considering trying a small xtractor depot coil i dont use anymore.

There are heating wraps from Keenovo I’d recommend, but no clue about explosion proof/intrinsic safety ratings though.

You should include dosage information with all of your medias @Waxplug1 . That’s one thing all suppliers right now lack. I run a few times a yaar, and would enjoy paying a premium for clays that come with more information.

4 Likes

Well, the amount of media, at least other media for color remediation, depends on how light you want it and how old the material is, and what your end product is…
I don’t think someone can recommend using anything in a specific amount less it not work for someone…it doesn’t come with an SOP.

Sounds like he’s asking for a range to start from :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Sounds like I’ll get vapor lock warmin the coil if the collection isn’t cold

1 Like

That’s what nitrogen is for

8 Likes