CXE vs. cryo-EtOH centrifuge: Owners gonna owner

Owners hired a basement grower and garage extractor to plan their facility. They went to the big conventions and ate up the CXE sales pitches and marketing. Some sales guy told them they can infuse fruit extract with oil within their CXE system (I’m not sure why that’s a selling point, lol). Then I came on board, and I’m trying to undo much all of those plans, lol.

The 1,200 sq. ft. extraction lab and 500 sq. ft. kitchen (gummies/chocolates) are still under construction. Phase 2 will increase the lab and kitchen areas twofold. Orignal phase 1 plans called for a 1,500 sq ft kitchen and 375 sq. ft. extraction lab :grimacing:

My experience and knowledge lean heavily toward large-scale cultivation, but I am not new to extraction. I try to know what I don’t know, so I’d welcome any input to set me straight!

We will have hydrocarbon extraction, probably going with the X10 Extraction Lab Package (but that’s a question for a different thread). Planning for fresh frozen runs with -80’C 100% propane for live resin and HTFSE concentrates, so CXE for terpenes doesn’t seem to be a strong argument in favor of CXE vs. cryo-EtOH.

CXE vs. cryo-ethanol centrifuge:

Products: Full/broad spectrum oil and distillate

CXE pros: Terp run and low solvent cost
CXE cons: Everything else

Cryo-EtOH pros: Everything else
Cryo-EtOH cons: No terp separation and higher solvent cost

Would you choose CXE like Vitalis Q-Series or cryo-EoTH like ACE40 (Curian) C-40E (Precision)?

TIA!

1 Like

I chose cryo-EtOH from Precision. I would have gone with @MACHTechologies.Luke if I would have meet him 5 weeks earlier. American made everything with MACH and still get the great low temp controlled ethanol extraction.

I buy my terps from people running hydrocarbons - because we all have our pros.

I also use local food grade ethanol that isn’t costing me an arm and a leg. Its distilled right here in Michigan and gets delivered when I need it the same day. -shrug- Not crazy expensive at all, indeed it is significantly cheaper per batch running than our estimated costs with hydrocarbon, and a quite a bit safer as well.

There are folks on here that will legit design your space for you - so you can always ask for consulting help. <3

Good luck and let us all know how it turns out!

7 Likes

Stay away from precision.

So many little details not engineered correctly at all, flow path restriction issues, undersized components, etc…

I’m offering centrifuges and ETOH chilling vessel packages from my company.

DM If interested.

All UL/American built controls, automation/phone/tablet integration for controls, all PE reviewed as well.

I can send you brochures of our ETOH systems.

14 Likes

Thanks! Great info. I haven’t heard of @MACHTechologies.Luke. I’m in MI as well, just moved here from Cali a few weeks ago. I would love some local plugs like your ethanol and terp suppliers if you don’t mind. Any recommendations on forum consultants I should hit up?

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll DM you. I have read many people say the same thing about Precision. Also, about poor after-sale customer service.

I just learned about Illuminated Extractors for hydrocarbon. I wonder what most people here would recommend for hydrocarbon extraction…

1 Like

Yes I use them myself for hydrocarbon installs, when scaling to large efficiency is the goal of my clients.

I have an E4K Turbo Pro on order for a buildout in progress.

I’m sure they would recommend me for ETOH solutions…

I recommend them for hydrocarbon solutions.

3 Likes

We do full buildout consulting. Have done over a dozen sites in CA, few large places in OR, the largest manufacturer in MO.

Working on projects in Europe, Africa, and Australia currently as well.

Please keep us in mind!

We are engineer owned and operated, and have PE’s in house that design for clients.

We do floorplans, C1D1’S, MEP guidance, etc…

4 Likes

@Ralf Our Hydro systems are next level too. We should chat…I’ll be at the facility in a couple of weeks in Port Huron

1 Like

@Ralf Hit me up…620.591.0634
We have been making specialty capital equipment for 90 years and have some of the best automated solutions for Cry-Ethanol and Terpenes. Let’s chat…

@Cassin You are a rockstar and I can’t wait to get you running on MACH :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Ralf Hit me up…620.591.0634
We have been making specialty capital equipment for 90 years and have some of the best automated solutions for Cry-Ethanol and Terpenes. Let’s chat…

@Cassin You are a rockstar and I can’t wait to get you running on MACH :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1 for illuminated extractors

6 Likes

Thanks to everyone for posting! It’s crazy how much extraction systems have improved over the past few years. And it’s fantastic that the best players and consultants are on this site! Color me impressed!

I’m excited for the future, and to get your consultation and systems into operation, soon!

1 Like

Vitalis is trash for CXE, it’s solvent flow and CXE injection is heated before the extraction vessel.

The reason you run CXE is to obtain extraction efficiency at low pressures and temperatures. Cyclones and separators are not designed for CXE and will struggle at the low temperatures that CXE needs to run at.

With a properly designed CXE system you can extract fresh frozen material and winterize inline directly out of the separators. Your total working solvent volume will be reduced by 90%, so you can see that CXE has some advantages if you know how to use them. Attaching ethanol injection to a supercritical Co2 extraction system is not CXE at it’s best.

2 Likes

My associate tried to get pricing from you and your fellow salesperson for your hydrocarbon unit and your terpene extraction unit.

Both of you refused to send him pricing over an email with out a phone call when he told you he didn’t have time or access to a landline.

Is this how you guys normally handle a sales inquiry?

Could you list the pricing here like every other company please.

2 Likes

Hi @standardoil! We have a standard intake process for every client we work with! I am about as easy to find as they come. Feel free to reach out and talk to me about anything you need and I will happily get it for you!

Cheers,
Luke

just list the price bro

2 Likes

The standard is actually:

Fill out the contact form on your website or email the sales@ or info@

Someone’s reaches out and asks for some info

You provide the info and ask pricing and other specs

The rep gives you the information you requested because that’s their job.

This is how every other company in the industry works and has worked for many years. Your attempt to re-invent the wheel on this very simple sales process has undoubtedly cost you sales (my associate went with a bzb hydrocarbon extractor and a tandem tech terpene extraction system because you couldn’t provide simple pricing and he wrote the check to someone that could)

I haven’t seen you working for any other companies so you must be new to this sphere along with Mach being a newer company as well. Please learn from other companies on how to treat customers.

And drop the pricing for your equipment in this thread please.

4 Likes

Sorry we have never had an opportunity to meet and learn from one another.
No one is reinventing the wheel, just like to have a relationship with my clients and if we can’t carve out some time for a quick call it’s not likely to be a successful working relationship.

Good luck my friend!

Cheers!

So you aren’t going to list pricing here?

And fyi not all customers are the same. You literally lost out on a 300k plus sale because you couldn’t give out pricing info to someone I work with.

Not everyone needs or wants to sit through a sales cal. Do you design the equipment? What are you adding to the sales process with the call besides being a gatekeeper of information that ultimately costs whomever you work for revenue?

I’m really at a loss with your refusal to share pricing when every competitor you have does the complete opposite. Where do you see this sales strategy getting you besides driving sales to your competitors when the customer reaches a brick wall with you?

1 Like

Could not have said it any better…I can’t stand working with precision machines, or their “support” team. My hydrocarbon rig clogs up every run, the filter gaskets are not durable, everything is a welded 3/8" connection, so no hope of retrofitting anything for better flow. And the GC5000 recovery pump is an absolute lemon, it’s an intrinsically unsafe piece of equipment with the amount of reliability issues I’ve had with it…

6 Likes