Custom LED Modules - LM301H EVO - Sub $1/w

Happened across these guys a few days ago and started stacking product in my cart, they ended up doing the above sale and I pulled the trigger. Figured I would share. Currently THE most efficient LED on the market. Lots of great modules to add on etc.

Looking at 700+ ppfd on a well designed 250w fixture

2000+ ppfd on a 1000w fixture (kit x4 ~$800)
(My current 880w fixture barley hit 1800ppfd 2" from canopy.)

Just figured I would share an ultra custom option for anyone who can’t afford to order 10,000 modules for themselves. I will add pictures one my gear lands. If anyone needs help wiring or designing a fixture let me know.

4 Likes

What do you use for framing?

1 Like

here’s another strip supplier.

They use the lm301b. Diy is always fun.

4 Likes

I got a bunch of 20-4020 t slot bar

T Slot bar, and some aluminum casing and you can make your fixture look like it’s off the shelf. They make everything for T slot bar, end caps, connectors, conduit, you name it.

5 Likes

I’ve used thermal tape and a full sheet baking pan before lol.

Aluminum slot is def much prettier haha.

2 Likes

There are deffinitly cheaper options, building them into a rack would be the most affordable. I’ma use them in two breeding chambers so I wanted well spaced bars.

2 Likes

Keep us up to date please, it’s always fun to see stuff like this!

3 Likes

Also, fucking wago connectors are the shit for diy. They blew my mind when I first started seeing em lol.

3 Likes

Wago, is the only way to go these days… Or im out​:+1::+1::rofl::rofl::rofl:always willing to lend a hand building aslong as there are enough… Wago connectors​:grin::grin:

1 Like

Lol, thanks. Edited.

1 Like

I really didn’t mean anything, with bad with that…
I am from the netherlands and make a lot of typo’s myself​:grin::blush:

1 Like

No offense taken at all!

And here’s an old fixture I made to be on topic haha.

Used to use bridgelux eb strips.

I did some ghetto ass setups, but grew some pretty good dope with em.

6 Likes

Did you ever measure the ppfd or try to map it?

I’ve built a few custom options for other people with other people’s money, and I’m not trying to spend the same as them. Might have to fuck around and grab me a dollar tree pan.

Unfortunately no, this was when I first started playing with it all.

I did use a lux meter and I tried to get an even 35000 lux reading if I remember. That was equivalent to 900ppfd with the color temp diodes I was using. All from memory so numbers may be off.

Height was about 8-10 inches above the canopy to get that.

Lemme scrounge up some pics to show the results at least

I tried to keep it all at 25w a sq ft, had decent results with cardboard, mylar, pie pans, and led strips haha.

7 Likes

id read that crescience’s page again if i were you because that reads to me like they have just called the board/strips ‘fluxengine evo’ but the diodes are normal lm301h not lm301hevo.

If you look at the parts list they are lm301h EVO coated diodes. I also verified with them. I had some questions about wiring my 660’s… They are only 1500mA so I need another driver if I want to push them hard cause the lm301h evo are way higher rated.

ive had a look i cant see where they claim to be 301h evo, ?.
Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 16-31-03 FLUXengine x4 - 240W Elektronik Bundle Crescience
Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 16-32-10 FLUXengine Evo beschichtet Crescience

how many 660’s are you wanting to power?, how many watts? if i can help i will.

1 Like

And then I got these 12 watts at 1500ma.

that reads to me like they talking about the boards not the diodes.