Current CBG biomass prices and CBG biomass futures

What is the going rate for CBG biomass and what do you think it will be at this time next year?

I grew a test plot last year for fun and want to ramp up and grow about 5 acres of CBG this year with maybe an acre or two of CBD and want to start looking for contracts with processors. What’s the best way to find a processor and what prices should I be looking for? Or am I way to early to be worrying about contracts for next year? Any general advice when it comes to contracts and negotiating pricing is appreciated.

I have 10k CBG seeds from OregonCBD and I’m ready to plow.

8 Likes

Om kush it’s down to $17-22 per point. However, it’s been on there for months. So not sure if its moving ot not.

I feel like its tough to keep companies committed to their contracts. Every year everyone has contracts for x$/ppp. As soon as harvest comes and the price drops, like every year, all the companies drop their contracts and buy up the best bang for their buck. I’ve seen it with tons of farms for 3 years in a row.

4 Likes

Ive already seen 10% cbg biomass going for $95-100/lb, next year will probably be $10/lb just like CBD. The fact that there is basically no retail market for CBG, and people in general have no idea wtf it is, gets overlooked often by heady farmers and extractors who want the latest whatever. Without solidly established relations with distribution partners/buyers, its not easy to compete with who is growing thousands of acres and extracting millions of pounds.

You can crush it by selling the shovels and the gold pans, or be an innovator and introduce something new and novel, or just keep it hobby scale - thats my 2 cents.

3 Likes

Yup ^^^
I think CBG will just be the next CBD with this many people trying to get in on the gold rush… Everyyyyone is trying to plant CBG right now because they heard about the $1200-$1300 lbs of biomass and the $20-$30k kilos of CBG Disty/iso

2 Likes

That coupled with fake genetics, and misleading claims about USDA compliant hemp strains, and more States getting starting hemp programs. Should make 2020 a very interesting year.

2 Likes

According to this information, 2020 hemp farmers should not plant CBG but more CBD again ?

2 Likes

Hi Everyone.

We are looking for some CBG biomass. DM us if you know of any available.

1 Like