@Curious_Roberto house flooded from Ida. Community Fundraising and help drying

Same toilet lol, I’m gonna end up leaving it there, but I’m gonna tear the wall down and put in a free standing sink next to it and call it good.

Hell yes. Let the toilet live on!!

Those some strong toilet genes.

I noticed the sink too lol that’s funny those survived. You’d think they’d be the first to go.

It was funny how gentle yet catastrophic the water was really. Heavy ass stuff floated all over, but shelf had little cups that didn’t move an inch.

There was a bunch of sealed ball jars that filled up with water, but another one only had the lid with no ring on top with some matchbooks in it and not a drop of water went in there. Weird shit how water works.

Wow. Im surprised the sealed jars had water leaks lol

The non-sealed one didn’t

Weird. This is why conspiracy theories exist though

1 Like

Alright, so question for @Pupparoo and @island.genetics.

All I basically can get from united rental at this time is an air scrubber, they don’t have any dehu’s or fans right now.

So I get the scrubber and run what fans I have for now or wait?

I literally can’t find a single dehu in the area, even little home use one right now.

I’m on my way to home dumpster now to get this mold spray until the other comes:

Do you need a dehumidifier sent to you?

Or is it like a true industrial one? I work at a retail store lol, I can see what is available if you’d like.

Looks like people had the same idea as you with dehumid…

Oh man, I already have a big boy coming thanks to @FicklePickle, but I appreciate it bro.

I wanted just to get ahead of it all.

And I did get info I needed, homie from the rental shop just said hold off on the scrubber till the dehu comes.

3 Likes

Ay perfect, @FicklePickle came in clutch.

What about fans too? Saw that part too lol.

Glad to see everything is going well with it so far!

3 Likes

Duct your air scrubber outside, then seal the doorway going upstairs. Then slice a small “x” into the doorway (can tape a furnace filter over this if you want but the room should be negative pressure so it wouldn’t make a huge difference). Open your windows upstairs

This will at-least allow a fresh air exchange, pulling the fresh less humid air from upstairs down into the basement and out the window.

6 Likes

@Pupparoo @Curious_Roberto yup negative pressure containment. As stated, this will deal with the volitization / airborne debris while at the same time constantly flushing fresh, less humid air thru the area. One other thing to consider is heating the area to further facilitate a more efficient drydown down, however it sounds like you have some electrical issues at the moment so you may need to assess that first unless you have natural gas heat then crank that unit up that will be your best asset at the moment. Again I am always available by email phone or text to help if needed

4 Likes

If you don’t mind, can I give you a call again later tonight?

Say 6pm your time to go over my game plan?

No heat, but I do have enough power to get me going.

3 Likes

@Curious_Roberto also sounds like your not having any luck so I can pallet up a few fans, moisture meter some ducting and a smaller neg air machine to ship out to you in the next day or 2

6 Likes

Yes I will be waiting to hear from you

3 Likes

Bro, thank you so much.

The rental guy I talked to said he’s trying to get machines from all over the usa here. I asked him time lines on when stuff would be available and he laughed lol

And, I’ll be hitting you up later, you guys rock!

3 Likes

Carbon Chemistry has donated freight. Lmk if you want then to arrange LTL.

Also, @Curious_Roberto you’re an inspiration. I’d be evacuated somewhere crying about it. There you are, not 36 hours later, doing demo and figuring out how to remodel the bathroom. You’ve got some fortitude, my friend. That’s the quality that causes the cream rise to the top. :heart:

14 Likes

Thanks so much for everything you’ve done! You all have definitely given me motivation to keep at it full speed.

Not sure who to thank from carbon chem, but I owe them a big thank you as well.

@island.genetics, sorry I didn’t call last night, I passed out hard by 8pm. I’ve been working myself ragged lol.

8 Likes

Today is finally going to be a little less crazy, now that we have the basement cleared mostly, we’re just working on getting the equipment needed for the dry down and we now get to clean our first floor.

It looks like a tornado came through! We’ve been so focused on the basement that we’ve left our actual living area in a giant mess!

Now that I have the basement completely isolated from the rest of the house, its getting cleaned from head to toe.

3 Likes

So this is what I’m dealing with. I’m sure there’s more pockets down there where the humidity is higher.

4 Likes

Weather hasn’t been great the past few days by us as far as humidity goes but looks like it should be nice and clear this week with lower RH. Hoping you can dry out!

2 Likes

Been following this thread and wish I had something to contribute… But I just wanted to say this community is amazing. And @Curious_Roberto is a fucking trooper.
giphy

7 Likes