@Curious_Roberto house flooded from Ida. Community Fundraising and help drying

taco bell is really fucking up

just gotta say it

2 Likes

Lolol, that doesn’t look too appealing for sure

2 Likes

Most insurance companies wont give you more than 10k in coverage, state farm does 15k but in highly likely flood area might be tough. Did a job dmfor a state farm insurance guy, he had a whole roads sewer dump into bis basement twice froma faulty back flow valve. When i installed the furnace he said he was up to a million to redo it as of now. Still had all dry way etc to go. I guess lesson being you dont build your house below street level and tbwn be surprised when i levels its self off, unfortunately for him its was a sewer not just rain.

2 Likes

I didn’t give this update, but our county did qualify for fema assistance, so that’s good.

Next step for that is they will visit to do an assessment.

I’m hoping the gf will be made whole now!

7 Likes

Sooooo,

I’m back working today, I wfh full time, so I have my home office running off a 14/3 cord lol.

It’s another dry day so I’m exhausting air out of the basement while I have a home dehu running in a particularly damper area.

Between the fans running constantly, the spray to kill mold, and exhausting air while I can, I’ve definitely made some progress drying down the basement, but that big dehu @FicklePickle sent is gonna definitely pull the rest out super quick like.

This week I’m gonna do a final clean out of all the little bits of refuse and stuff, then hopefully this weekend I can give the floors a good scrubbing.

From there, it’s a bunch of waiting, next step for fema is to schedule a visit, then they come do an assessment.

That’s great, but the problem with that is my house is stuck like this for now, can’t really do anymore electric or anything until then.

So glamping it is for me for now! The gf and the animals are staying at her folks, but I don’t like leaving my house dark for too long so I’m here at home.

9 Likes

Also, my neighbors took 4 feet of water and didn’t know they had to rip out all the drywall and stuff.

I had them come in last night to see what we did.

Well, I just took a smoke break and saw they’re doing the demo that’s needed now.

I took a quick peek with my neighbor, it’s still wet af in his basement.

Between my previous knowledge, and you all giving me tips, I’m in a waaaaay better spot than I could be.

@FicklePickle

@island.genetics

@Pupparoo

I owe you guys in particular for sure.

14 Likes

This community is truly wonderful and I’m so thankful for it.

10 Likes

It really is, everyone here literally held my hand and took care of me and got me and my little family in a safe place.

6 Likes

@FicklePickle!!!

It’s here!!!

10 Likes

The plastic tamater slice is the most important piece I imagine.

8 Likes

That’ll pull some moisture out

5 Likes

Lol!!! Those kids couldn’t get enough of that box.

5 Likes

Massive props to @FicklePickle! That’s more than most my family would do for me.

8 Likes

You and me both dude.

I’ve said before t numerous times, but I have heard from you guys more than my two brothers.

And sending me something like this? No way, not a chance lol.

Fickle is an excellent human being, but we all have always known that.

7 Likes

That tomato is going on my wall next to the wire man my older bro made years ago

Gonna display it proudly haha

4 Likes

If you’re having trouble finding a dehumidifier you could get away with using a window ac unit in the middle of the room.

Have lots of fans blowing on the walls

Put something under it to catch the condensate.

1 Like

Under the dehu?

1 Like

I think he’s giving an alternative method if one doesn’t have a dehu. Air conditioner will definitely work.

3 Likes

Bingo

3 Likes

Ah, thanks. I was thinking, “the dehu has that”

2 Likes