@Curious_Roberto house flooded from Ida. Community Fundraising and help drying

Today is finally going to be a little less crazy, now that we have the basement cleared mostly, we’re just working on getting the equipment needed for the dry down and we now get to clean our first floor.

It looks like a tornado came through! We’ve been so focused on the basement that we’ve left our actual living area in a giant mess!

Now that I have the basement completely isolated from the rest of the house, its getting cleaned from head to toe.

3 Likes

So this is what I’m dealing with. I’m sure there’s more pockets down there where the humidity is higher.

4 Likes

Weather hasn’t been great the past few days by us as far as humidity goes but looks like it should be nice and clear this week with lower RH. Hoping you can dry out!

2 Likes

Been following this thread and wish I had something to contribute… But I just wanted to say this community is amazing. And @Curious_Roberto is a fucking trooper.
giphy

7 Likes

Thanks buddy, I have a job to do and its it’s gonna get done hell or high water!

And without everyone here I’d be in a much worse position that’s for sure.

Also, update! Scrubber fell through, wah wah, but it looks like the area got a ton of dehus for purchasing. Got the biggest one I could find in the area, 60l a day, that has a pump so I’m on my way back home to set that up.

Figured I needed a new one anyway and it’s something.

4 Likes

Ok, since the big boy air scrubber fell through, are these smaller units any good? I see ones with uvc light in them too.

I know the dinky home use ones aren’t gonna cut it down there.

1 Like

time to upgrade the wiring to 240 v or 20 ampsif you have insurance use it to upgrade it as much as possible= you need a new insurance paid lgr dehumidifier

1 Like

thats my house- i got a damn root leaking the humidity in its 70 standard. non garden related other than the house is prolly negative pressure and drawin in vapors. but i never have a good time to tell the landlord and have work done her contractors stink. it may take 5 months of multiple visits if i tell her. its good to hear he store had a dehumidifier for you.

2 Likes

ill still throw you a roberto cut of rozay. ill get pics soon. im not good at shipping so ill give it to cloner and he can offer whatever or else the people who buy it and lik it will donate back= cloner owes nothing but he may accept a clone to give away.

2 Likes

Darn, sorry man

Thanks bro!

I’m glad they had one too.

Luckily we had a dryer night than the last few so I was able to pull air in all night, it lowered the humidity a bit fer sure.

1 Like

Thanks my man!

It kicked me in the dick hard, but we’re gonna come back better.

Onward and upward!

4 Likes

Don’t forget the flood insurance next time! I know insurance is a racket, but having it is better than not. That, and you KNOW your place will flood now!
As much as I hate needing insurance, it sucks even worse to rebuild everything from nothing with nothing! I’m glad you’re moving forward though, and happy to see everything progress!

2 Likes

From the ashes rise like a phoenix!

1 Like

Yeah, we’re looking into it now for sure, the problem is we have a storm drain in our backyard and I’m finding out the drainage systems here are only designed for so much water. If this is the new normal as far as rainfall, there needs to be some re-engineering of the drainage system as our house will be in a fucking moat anytime we get this kind of excessive rainfall.

Things might get litigious between us and the Township.

2 Likes

Goddamn right, I ain’t letting this shit define me nor bring me down.

I fucking refuse to take a knee to circumstances.

3 Likes

Definitely need to invest in a sump pump with a float switch if that’s the case!

1 Like

rebuild that shit on stilts homie!

2 Likes

Already have one installed and a spare we can put in there lol

1 Like

The gfs dad was talking about sinking 1/2" lexan down around the foundation lol. It was actually an awesome idea

Crazy and waaay too expensive, but super cool

3 Likes