Cultivation Regs for FDA

Yes and no on the organic stuff. I know if people testing dirty that are “organic” growers. I switched over from heavy 16 to emerald two years ago. I have tried them all as I have been growing since all we have was general hydroponics and the likes.
What you get with a “chemical” fertilizer is something made in a lab and mass produced in a controled environment. Everything from your quart to your 250 gallon tote are clean when filled with precision measured salts and minerals. They arrive in the same manner sealed and clean with exact ratios. Organics being “Live” or “living” substances derived from a composting or decomposition process are not as easy to control. Thus they are inherently “dirty” and prone to contaminants.

1 Like

Lookup GACP for some other crops. It’s really a broad minimum standard for cleanliness and product quality, less so about seeds vs tissue culture etc. Leaves a lot of means and methods up for the farmer to choose as long as the performance metric is met.

If they adopt regulations like California it will be a little deeper than that. In Flower they will test for pesticides, heavy metals, microbes and foreign matter. In addition to this for concentrates they will test for residual Solvents.
So said farmer has a mite problem let’s say. He cannot run down to the local ag store or feed shop and pick whatever he wants off of the shelf. He will instead be given a list that he can choose from to slug it out with the pathogen.
The reason you would use tissue culture as opposed to seed is for cleanliness. This plantlets propagated in a dish will be disease and pathogen free. This will also include systemic pesticides that will go with clones when harvested from a mother plant.

I really wish we fell in the “some other crops” category. My neighbor farms hay and what not. He is a retired engineer by trade and can’t seem to understand all the hoops we have to jump thru to cultivate cannabis.

1 Like

this thread was promising, was it moved?