Crystallized D8 distillate?

I read somewhere on this forum that D9 distillate cannot be crystallized like cbd distillate. Is it possible to crystallized d8 distillate using pentane or is that the same as D9?

Cannot be done, its a liquid

4 Likes

Well cbd distillate is a liquid as well and it’s turned into isolate no?

I’m asking because I know delta 10 can be crystallized but thc supposedly does not have the same structure as cbd and should technically not turn to crystal.
I’m also seeing delta 8 powder available for sale and I’m wondering what the hell it is since delta 8 cannot be crystallized.

D8 can be crystalized if esterified; (also ceases to be d8-THC) but generally tetrahydros cannot be crystalized; one must add another functional group in order to facilitate structured lattice formation.

the powdered d8 you see is either;
A. a water soluble formulation where the d8 concentration is anywhere between 15-30%, in this process the D8 has been encapsulated with “junk” allowing for it to be both a fine powder and water soluble.

B. D8 as well as other tetrahydros when free of terpenes and other impurities are Amorphous Solids, they are essentially glasses; they can be ground to a fine powder when kept cold in the grinding process, however when in this ground form they are not stable and will fuse back together when heated up and form an oil again.

dollars to donuts, the powder you are seeing is a water soluble formulation.

6 Likes

Makes sense, but damn they sell that awfully expensive