Crystallized clumping during normal extraction run for shatter

Need some input from the wise…

Ran into an issue I can’t seem to get to the bottom of. Nothing has changed regarding my extraction process for shatter. Same fuel, same ratio of biomass to crc, same temperatures. For some reason I have been getting crystallized clumping in my collection pot at the very tail end of recovery. Some runs there will be massive white hard clumps in the pot, others the oil will be laced with little white balls of the same thing suspended in the oil. I’ve done the following trouble shooting to see what variables may change my issue.

• Complete reclaim (twice) on fuel (using straight N-butane)
  • complete scrub and clean on my machines and solvent tanks
  • altered my biomass source numerous times
  • changed and switched around CRC ratio (using b80)

The odd part is that for example the material I ran today was the same biomass, both runs I used the exact same fuel, exact same CRC tech, temps, everything identical. The first run yielded normal nice, clean oil; the second run clumped up and turned into the odd outcome I’ve been having issues with. I’ve attached some photos of the chunks that come out, along with the speckled shatter. I have had both tested and both come back as mid 70% THCA. Any and all advice or input is greatly appreciate. Thank you in advance :pray:t4:

image|375x500

Looks like a byproduct of fast crash issue if you haven’t changed anything in your SOP or have sus material.

3 Likes

yeah everything being the same but sudden fast crash is a sure sign of contaminated gas.

For a more in depth understanding read these threads

5 Likes