Crystallized after just a few hrs??

smoke the white stuff.
if you get high it’s thca! if you don’t get high and it burns to a black nasty it’s waxes.

2 Likes

How do I know its done?

For the crystals, you can put em in a full vac for a couple of days.

The terp sauce needs to be a little more gentle, try about -20hg for a couple of days as well. I do both at about 80 degrees.

There’s not really a way to tell when it’s done, but a day or two should be ok.

2 Likes

Can get it lab tested. If he’s east coast he can go to Massachusetts and get it tested at MCRLabs.

Then again they ask for an 8th of concentrate or cannabis to test so… I’d say no nose burn or any char left on the nail and go a minimal of 3 days in the chamber/oven

5 Likes

Good point, I always forget to say look for those things.

I always look for any sputter or sizzle on my enail. Anything violent, and I say needs more purging.

5 Likes

Coming along great thanks for all the help and advice!!!

1 Like

Thanks again for helping me further my knowledge on separation and rebuild. Final product!!!

Looks like fats. Was this ran with cold solvent? (Not saying it is, 1st pic doesnt look like fats)
Back in the day when we open blasted we would scoop out the fats with a spoon when they would coagulate in the solution

4 Likes

No its ThcA, separated then reintroduced back into and purged.

1 Like

Lol i can see that. Doesnt look like any diamonds or sauce ive made but what do i know lol
All im sayin is there looks like there’s fat in that. Did you run cold solvent? This is what it should look like

4 Likes

Toked off the ThcA by itself. And got no sizzle and no black res after the toke. Gets me elevated like a motha.

1 Like

All im saying is that pic of it on that oil slick pad looks fatty…
If you dont agree then your too new

5 Likes

I am new, as I stated I. My first post asking for help.
I didnt do any winterizing to separate wax and lipids, these formed on the bottom of the jar as you can see in the pics that, look like yours, the end result looks diff, in my opinion but like I said and as you nailed it, I’m to new, because of how I did it. Separating purge both separate and then put back together. For final vac. I kept alot of the powdery white stuff out cuz I love the way it’s so much smoother than anything I had ever done prior.
Always looking to improve, and welcome any helpful hints!!!
Thanks in advance from the newbie!

2 Likes

Ya so what inwas saying was if your not dewaxing ypu can scoop out the fats as they coagulate after you blast. Leave the jar in cold for 15-30 min. Come back and scoop out the stuff floating.

1 Like

I watched it the whole time, and only 1 time b4 did I ever see what your explaining, does that happen every time to anyone else. Am I doing something wrong. I grow indoor, never spray anything and harvest when Carmel. Dry then blast, separate with a pour off, evap, purge both separate and then b4 all done reinstall some of the (ThcA) as I assume cuz it lifts me with 1 or 2 tokes. Then final vac 3 days hold.
What am I missing?
I heard about doing the whole alcohol and winterizing dont know how, when, how much to use…ect
Any and all help is welcomed

If your solvent is warm then your picking up fats.
100% there is no question about it.
You might need dry ice. Snow might not be cold enough to crash the fats.

You want to dewax if your going for diamonds. I wouldnt winterize as youll lose terps.

Are you using a closed column open blast? Or glass tube?

2 Likes

I had the solvent and materials out in 9 °f and windy so windchill much colder. The first time I had little hardened ball like (diamonds) looked like styrofoam, but left no black residue after toking. So after bringing it to a bud who makes them in a miner said that’s what i had made. But much smaller. That was the jar that resembled yours. Now all I get is this powdery stuff falling to the bottom and when no more falls I do a pour off. Because when I left it on a prior run I lost the (diamond powder?) So now I keep it separated till near done.

There’s some fats still good smoke tho.

@Slabby is probably right, if you wanna get things a little cleaner, if you’re open blasting, try getting a sleeved column and use a dry ice slurry in it to cool your tube more.

You’d still wanna keep your butane as cold as possible before use

I second that.
If your open blasting a dewax closed column setup wont be too much. And your product will be far better forever.
Or atleast an injection coil if you already run a column.
9 degrees is cold for sure. Not cold enough to crash fats fast enough though. It would take all night at that temp

2 Likes