Crystalisation inhibitor

That’s where the smart money is…:wink:

Oh yeah well the low CBD% definitely has something to do with it too I think.
Pair that with the high CBC and CBG’s crystal resistant properties, like @Dabatronicus said, and voila.

1 Like

I have changed the category, hope it fits !

1 Like

Yep, that would be my guess too. If that’s all there is to making crystal-resistant distillate that isn’t very hard to do. But I guess it’s a case of careful what you ask for. Ironically I had a customer whining yesterday about his CBD distillate crystallizing on him. Not understanding cannabinoids can be a problem with people making consumer products. They want high potency and no crystallization. Gotta love it.

1 Like

They intentionally keep the numbers low to market it as a separate product. There are a couple folks using it to make cbd carts with nothing but added terps so they can market as “uncut” and healthier.

3 Likes

As I posted in another thread. Guud is spiking the PH to create crystal resistant CBD. I know this because @Deleted introduced them to the tech and explained it to me, I think they’re making delta 10 though and not CBC which would make sense as a base catalyst usually makes delta 10 and a slew of other weird stuff. I think the reason it doesnt crystallize though is because the cbd % is too low. We use to think this has something to do with the PH shift of the wax but after seeing Guuds test results I no longer think this. I’d be willing to bet they have a few other unidentified isomers in there.

3 Likes

sorry for the confusion

1 Like

I would agree with @Dabatronicus, judging from my labs experience, my guess is that this is the material left over from a primary CBD crystallization (mother liquor) with the solvent removed and then redistilled and possibly run through a flash system to remove T (or they’ve turned their T into CBN with one of the methods out there). These are very similar numbers as to what I see doing this.

2 Likes

are we certain that “CBC” is actually CBC?

I recall suggestions that delta10 might be the interfering agent…and those two can be confused for each other on HPLC/DAD