Cryo only Vs CRC

Below is two different extracts made from the same flower, one has been polished with CRC and the other was ran at -80c, dewaxed, and filtered with no filtration media. Both products taste similar and are very smooth, but it appears to me and a few other patients who have tried both that the product not filtered through CRC has a better high. Is the silica gel 60, Magsil, or T5 filtering out some of my desired terps?

6 Likes

Have you had it tested?
I know when we use CRC, we’ve heard the same thing from patients. Our tests show more cannabinoid loss of the minors lmore than anything.

3 Likes

Yesterday it was sent out for independent lab testing. About a week from now ill get answers, but was curious if someone could answer the question for me from experience sooner. Thanks for the input.

5 Likes

It would stand to reason other cannabinoids, and certain terpenes, in each strain will be in very small concentrations. These various molecules have varying levels of affinity for the different medias used in color remediation based on a few factors. Because of those two facts and a few others we generally note little difference in the final amount of each constituent when looking at those constituents that were already in high concentrations, but also because of those two facts, and others I don’t really feel like expanding on at the moment but have in other threads, we are likely to lose things completely that were only present in small concentrations or reduce already low concentrations to amounts so low they no longer influence the overall effect as they had previously.

Clear as mud?

6 Likes

Still not sure if I could distinguish my asshole from a hole in the ground. Could you please clarify?

I’d recommend to everyone to use only a single filter media per run and compare the highs since we still don’t necessarily know what we are looking for when analytically testing these samples

12 Likes

What’s your solvent? What’s your CRC Tek? Need more details before we can postulate

4 Likes

Also, when qualitative analysis doesn’t give you enough info, quantitative will fill in those gaps

2 Likes

Curious if you figured out what was up with your crc? have you modified it? stopped using it?

I’d just run the de-wax only. That stuff looks great without CRC, no need to mess with it if there’s a chance it is losing terps and/or cannabinoids in the process… I know this isn’t the first post I have seen about filter media pulling out some cannabinoids…

I think CRC is great for cleaning up crude prior to distillation, but for something like live resin, I’d prefer the just cryo extraction. No real need for CRC, ya know?

6 Likes

if its not live res, then crc will always improve the quality and marketability of the extract. Better Higher terpene content extracts are just that . coming from good material. so no, I do see every reason to run crc. I believe it is now the cherry on top of the cake and industry standard. but what do I know.

3 Likes

Imho, crc is just the new distillate. Looks pretty, tests high, tastes ok -might even get me stoned for about 5 min. Ever wonder what the rest of the percentages are, in clean oil, between the test results and 100? Even non-psychoactive compounds affect how you recieve and metabolize the psychoactives.

2 Likes

Doubt anyone is running cryo temps, but when not run both, -80 and powder filtration. For more terps run a higher propane bend. Just my opinion

5 Likes

How did these test results go? Any issues with CRC and testing?

CRC has its place in the industry like having clear product and sooner or later I’m sure certain beneficial cannabinoids can be isolated quicker this way. Currently i think majority of people use it as a crutch for incorrect processing. Honestly CRC should be used by experience processors who know there systems inside and out than add the crc to there arsenal once filtering techniques become full proof.

5 Likes