Crumble trouble....again

hey everyone,
looking for some help. so last week I tried making some crumble, followed our proven taffy tek SOP and left the oil in the oven at 120, all it did was melt into a super sticky goop. The material was trim and i dont think it ever got hot enough to decarb, I just transferred it into a new parchment lined Pyrex and but it back in the oven, it looks like its foaming up and has lots of little bubbles still. Can it be saved?

You whipped it yet? Does it keep deflating into the slick goo?

1 Like

i whipped several times, but it kept deflating…after transferring this morning it seems to be keeping shape.

Ive noticed the more impurities in the oil leads to lower decarb temperatures slightly. 120 is definitely hot enough to start decarbing. The question is how much thc being present stops the crystallization

1 Like

I’ve had decent success with a desiccant pack when I was in a pinch. I also vaguely remember a member mentioning pentane works for a pretty quick texture change.

looks like its staying a soupy sticky mess…can i re-blast it?

1 Like

If there is to much thc, reblasting will not help

2 Likes

Three possibilities:

1. You’ve still got a decent amount of solvent. This is the most salvageable.
    2.You’re starting to decarb.
  2. Your specific extract has too many impurities and not enough THCA to stiffen up.
1 Like

lets say 2-3 is the most likely, whats a good fix?

1 Like

Seperate the terps and then crumble out the thca fraction.

2 Likes

Well, the easiest “fix” would be to turn it to decarbed oil. It’ll darken and, depending on what it looks like now, might be undesireable.

If two or three are most likely, it’s kind of leaning into the wind to turn it into anything with structure (as opposed to a liquid).

1 Like