Crude Oil Distillation Help Consultation

Hello, my name is Mars. We were forwarded to this website by two different extraction companies. They said this is a great place for help! We are looking to invest in distillation equitment to make our own distillate but aren’t sure which oil to start with. Do you have to put Crude in the distillation machine? or can we use infused coconut oil?

2 Likes

Oh boy. Shock treatment eh

18 Likes

What?

Lol

if you want to distill cannabinoids.

can you clarify this statement?

7 Likes

@spdking @ChangMinXD @goldleaf_scientific @LabSociety @AlexSiegel you’re up

4 Likes

28 Likes

Rolling

6 Likes

Alright not to be too hard on you.

Yes you can sell finished products with crude oil like MCT blended tinctures or hand creams.

Distillation gives you a more refined finished oil with a higher concentration of desirables.

If you can rightfully use the equipment. Investment is worth it but not to be taken lightly.

Crude that has been winterized may be then distilled. Correct me if I’m wrong please.

5 Likes

Comment of the week

2 Likes

Hi Mars,
Feel free to reach out to my messages directly for help

3 Likes

I wouldn’t invest a penny in equipment until you have at least a cursory understanding of what you are attempting to do.

https://future4200.com/search?q=short%20path%20distillation

https://future4200.com/search?q=wiped%20film%20distillation

8 Likes

Newbies can’t Initiate DMs

3 Likes

Making your own distillate isn’t super difficult, and the basic equipment to get the job done doesn’t have to break the bank.

It does sound like you’d be better off with the “buy a clue” option rather than digging everything out yourself. The information to figure it out on your own is all here, but it’s not laid out in any particular order, and figuring it out on your own generally involves destroying a fair amount of cannabis.

There are lots of folks qualified to give you a hand on this here, but I recommend you do your due diligence when selecting your consultant. If they don’t try and talk you out of this endeavor at least once, they don’t have your best interests at heart.

8 Likes

Could we put infused coconut oil in the distillation machine to extract cannabinoids?

1 Like

Don’t try that

3 Likes

probably not, the lipids will co-distill with the cannabinoids. Best bet is some sort of winterization, then chromatography to clean it up.
What is your end goal? Did you buy the wrong feedstock?

2 Likes

Who has the iv bag handy?

6 Likes

This guy needs two bags of lactated ringers stat!

5 Likes

Maybe the referrals to this site didnt advise them to thoroughly search before asking questions.

4 Likes

Our end goal is vertical integration. We have the flower part under control. We want to take that next step into distillation and extractions. We haven’t bought anything yet but the link attached is the equipment we are looking at grabbing. The company that referred us to this site told us “Crude” oil and other concentrates can go into the system. CBD Crude is fairly cheap, but again, we are looking to be fully vertically integrated. So with that being said, we wouldn’t mind making our own Crude Oil and that is where my original question came from.

How would we make Crude Oil? And what other concentrates can go in the distillation machine?