Crop Steering Method

Which troll master controller are you talking about?

2 Likes

This is what I’ve got controlled through the TrolMaster Hydro-X. Going to be getting water automated through the Aqua-X and using the water content sensors to help crop steer. Currently using the blue lab pulse to help dial in my dry backs.

11 Likes

I’ve heard a lot of talk about these but just now seeing the dashboard and wow. Fuck you for killing my wallet in the future but god damn thank you, that shit is impressive

8 Likes

Worth every penny.

9 Likes

Yea that platform looks awesome.
Currently trying to find the name of that water meter, it is needed to calibrate the troll master water sensors, all of the sensors need to be calibrated regularly on the Aqua and hydro x from what I understand

I envy your schedule :sob: that’s another main driver I want my life back ! 15 hour garden days are killin me!

3 Likes

WCS-1 is the water content sensor. It’s always good practice to calibrate regularly but they stay pretty accurate.

https://www.trolmaster.com/PDFHtml/WCS-1.html

we use pumps and irrigation lines and sprayers to feed our plants, takes about 45 minutes to dump 600 gallons onto our pots.
if i need/want to hand feed i can do it in 2 hours, not ideal but always have a backup plan.

my comments are just that all sensors require some operator input or understanding to “read” the data and make informed decisions, i trust my sensors but i trust myself more.

2 Likes

we put somewhere between 190 and 210 in each room. cultivars that grow a little smaller we stack 10%-15% more per bench.

2 Likes

Nice, so 200 #'s with 60 lamps.

yes, kinda.
we can end up with as much as 220lb if i run all our heavy hitters together. that rarely happens as we must grow at least 5-6 cultivars per room to keep up our selection. i would say our average would be somewhere 150-180 per harvest.
not every cultivar yields optimum weight per light, but we are growing for a ton of different factors.

for some reason the stuff that absolutely flies off the shelf doesnt always hit the numbers we want it to, biggest difference between traditional market and legal market. cant just hit em with 50paks of OG every month and expect it to fly.

9 Likes

Tell me about it. I’m running 10 right now to keep up with the market. Breeders need to take their time. :grin:

5 Likes

Glue is a standard around here for consistency and weight. Everybody knows the name. A lot of those boutique flowers are slow veggers or don’t yield well comparatively.

9 Likes

4-5lbs a light w.o topping? Yea and my dick is 11 inches
So is crop steering the new heady term for dialing in a grow room? I see plenty validity to it but the second a man carries a wrestling type belt over … I digress

5 Likes

Yeah…wtf.

2 Likes

Yeah def don’t understand how you would come close to that without topping

1 Like

All i can think is an insane plant count.

I have had friends do indoor raised beds with an insanely high plant count, no topping. Great results. Don’t know exact weights, this was a few years ago.

2 Likes

Yeah but then you wouldn’t be using hydro efficiently to crop steer I would think. Or your cost of blocks would be ridiculous lol. That’s essentially SOG no?

4 Likes

I forgot to ask @BG305 if he had any fresh info on this technique.

Do you think these would work to test dry down?

The Floraflex room I was going to rent to test this had russet mites. Nope, nope, nope. I stripped down in the snow and showered before going anywhere near my trap again.

3 Likes

I’m setting up a room with the aroya system in a pod and will get back to you.

10 Likes

I somewhat run similar methods with excellent results. Clean sealed rooms, No veg, clones 8”/10” into flower (roots matter) aeroponics system run room hot with high humidity = VPD. Growing roots & opening stomata for the win. No flush. Would run 1800 watts HPS over 4’x8’ footprint. Harvest 3.5/4.5 lbs every 3 weeks. (Based off Running 3 systems in each room)

Switching it up to led for the future. Have a Fohse Aries on order for a 4x4 footprint. Same room parameters. Super intrigued by being able to dial in spectrum along with feeding regimes.

1 Like