Crop steering grow log

my autopilot died 2 weeks after warranty expired. I should call them still and see if they warranty it.

Dont you believe in global warming? 230 is too high. we need less co2 and that way the planet is better. Never mind that plants grow bigger or that plants take in more co2 the bigger they grow.

did you get final pics on the payton? I just cut one tent down and they are 55 oz each plant wet weight minus fans.

Hey Medicine.grower nice log. great setup and grows as well. I’m in Rockwool as well ,personally just liked it better the coco, 4x4x4 on top of the Uni slab 9.5x8x4 seems to work really well, I never used Athena thought, been mixing my own from dry salts since the 90’s. Cool to see the pic of you herring fishing, spent some time on the ocean myself, I’m on the east coast of Canada how about you?

5 Likes

Small world

3 Likes

Hey man I’m in southern nova scotia.

5 Likes

Thats to funny, I was thinking you were maybe from NFLD from the fishing pic. Not expecting you be in my neighbourhood lol.

2 Likes

Medicine.grower wondering what your thoughts are on using the 6x6x6 vs the 4x4x4 and slab, are you seeing much of a difference between the 2, root mass, growth rate etc, what about dry back times and feeding do you see an advantage in one over the other. Thanks

It’s really bad when it hits -14000 ppm :rofl:

my meter only goes to 12000

my wook keeps making fun of me- im constantly looking for the meter and its in my pocket every time???

I’ve seen a big improvement using the slabs, I think that the transplant at flip or vegging for 1-2 days on the slabs if they arent quite big enough before flip would be the way to go.

2 Likes

That Mac daddy bundle set fucking sucks so hard. They sent me one from Black Friday and the bloom was a giant fucking rock, and the grow wasn’t much better. Core pellets were the only thing not runined.

Thanks, I never used the 6x6 so I was wondering, Generally as soon as my clones have rooted in the 4x4 and is showing the first sign of roots out the bottom , I mount them to the uni slab. So depending on the size of plant I want they’ll veg for another week or 2. So when I get to flip/ flower my root base is pretty much completely established.

1 Like

a few questions if you dont mind, are you using the 4x4x4 cubes?, how many cubes do you use to what size slab?, and how many plants are you growing roughly per say 4ft x 8ft in that size media?.

i am just about to start my first go at crop steering using rockwool and an acclima sensor but i am from the uk and we have a lot less choice in rockwool cube sizes, we only have 3 x 3 x 2.5, 4 x 4 x 2.5, 6 x 6 x 6, and two slabs at 6 x 3 x 39 and 6 x 3 x 51.

i normally grow slightly larger plants around 12 to a 4 x 8 canopy and i am trying to size up what volume of rockwool to go with.

if i started in the 4 x 4 x 2.5 then stacked onto a 6 x 6 x 6 would that be big enough? the combo of the two blocks has a volume of 4 liters (4 x 4 x 2.5 = 0.65 liter and 6 x 6 x 6 = 3.4 liter).

or start in the 4 x 4 x 2.5 then stack on half a small slab at 6 x 3 x 20 (approx 5.7 liter) that combo would give me a volume of around 6.4 liters?.

any insight would be much appreciated.

4 Likes

Right now I’m currently using 4x4x4 on top of 6x3x36. Next run I’m using the same slabs but with 4x4x2.5 for veg.
I did 3 plants per slab and 9 plants per 4x4 and 12 per 4x5 and I think it was just right for me.

6 Likes

Do you have a light intensity, leaf temp, humidity chart you go off of throughout your runs? I thought I saw one from dankemshunter in the past but can’t seem to find one. Your grow looks incredible btw!!

1 Like

You’re gonna love the 2.5" tall cubes. I think they’re called the delta 6.5 from grodan. With those I can get a root or two poking out the bottom within 24 hours sometimes. It’ll help with your root zone data also because, if I’m remembering correctly, the people at grodan said whatever your cube combo is the total height shouldn’t exceed 8" or else your sensor data might not be entirely accurate.

3 Likes

I start my veg plants around 300umol and finish at 600 then flower I run 900-1000 at the tops.
81° in veg and flower. Humidity around 72% in veg and beginning of flower, around day 25 I lower the humidity to 68% and keep on slowly lowering as flower cycle continues until I hit 55%.
Leaf temp I aim for 77°.

4 Likes

Here they are 3 days in, got watered today for the first time since the initial soak.

5 Likes