Critique my crumble sop

hey guys so as the title states i’m looking for a critique on my sop. i’m new to the world of making concentrates so can only assume the problem is my methodology. let me say i have definitely used the search bar and have tried to follow sops from legends like dred_pirate but can’t seem to nail this down. so here it goes:
on a 1lb cls the collection chamber goes in dry ice while my recovery cylinder is in a warm bath 90-100 degrees. no dewaxing, no stalling. recovery is the opposite; recovery cylinder is in the dry ice collection chamber is in the warm bath. try to leave a little butane in the mix, then slowly release gas, open and whip in the pot. when it’s fleshy/opaque it goes in the oven at 115 and vac to -15 for about 30 minutes. remove and whip. back in for 5-10 minutes and repeat that a few times. i’ve tried refrigerating after pulling it out of the oven but it almost always gets too sticky to handle. and inevitably ends up falling back into shatter. any thoughts on what i may be doing wrong or is it just the material? also please link any threads i may have missed because i am determined to get this right. thanks in advance!

2 Likes

No there’s a bunch of stuff here that’s wrong

what is the warm bath on again? It sounds almost like you extract hot?

you realize this is from 2 years ago?

1 Like

it was funny though. he was extracting with hot fluid and using dry ice just to collect. all wrong.

jimi must be delving deep researching to have brought up the old thread.

1 Like