CRC with Propane / Nitro with Butane ....questions

I’ve been burping it out all wrong from the beginning…I like how nitro can help give extra push to super cold gas…I feel hot vapor push raises the temp of the gas

Our tank never leaves the slurry I burp nitrogen outta it even if it’s in the collection pot…just open recovery valve the open valve on tank it bleeds right out w no gas

Do u use jacketed columns?

2 Likes

No jacketed columns, nitro is a pain in the ass in my experiences on large continuously running machines. I have it set up so i can recover from each individual column or up to 4 at a time while everything else is closed off.

3 Likes

I could do the same I just would bleed the nitro off into collection then out cold solvent tank…but w material column packed w dry ice it def holds some there

I’m gonna try leaving the socks in -80c freezer along w the ethanol for the slurry for tank…we set our solvent tank in dry ice tote via engine hoist

What valves specifically ?

What would that consist of ?

1 Like

The valves that are btw each chamber… Instead opening wide open he does like most of us and cracks them open to slowly go through the crc…maximizing the crc ability to work…works great w small amounts powders like lustermax, or b80 or w1

As badass chiller

@Concentrated_humbold sorry for answering for u just trying to help keep the place cleaned up

Is lustermax a stand alone product or work in conjunction with other media ?

1 Like

It’s stand alone unless ,when u run dry ice cold everything and it still comes like black red crude… Pretty sure silica takes the heavy red pigments

Then 25g LM and 25g silica60 per lb

Ive mixed it with both media bros and had great results and had great results running by its self. There hamlet valves and i only leave the bottom cracked so it gets the resistance time as much as possible since im running such high psi. That psi is just on the inlet side the back filter gauge is usually around 50-60 ish

1 Like