Crc tech (media bros) and Kief

i got new wook= ive never had two and its better so i dont have to be over the one. I got no kief Its all on his hand??? ill teach him to take it easy on the bud but im being nice before strict. he has his hands covered in resin? I only hold a stem.

1 Like

@Concentrated_humbold

I hear you on this and receive that perspective for sure

My logic/hope is that putting kief in a column by itself, is has much more higher potential to cLog, as it is a very small particle, stacked on top of itself, vs mixing it with larger particle crx. This is why your "sweet spot " was whatever percentage fill of a column (25 to 30%) it allowed the flow, while not stacking too much of itself to cause a clog.

This is the same issue I run into with powder crc, occasionally . I live in a humid environment so the powders are too small for my usage, and when filled with moisture especially, cause the clog. I would have to run a filter plate stack filled w crc medias (to spread the powders out) as to not cause a clog. Ive also run kief before, non crc, in filter plate stacks like this, vs a column, and way better flow.

This is why I’m thinking the blending w crx is the answer. It is much larger diamater particle, and doesnt require baking. Picture mixing this with the finer kief. So instead of kief stacking on itself like sand…it’d be more like gravel in the column, with sand (kief) filling in SOME of those larger gaps. Remember I plan to BLEND the kief and the crx. Theres still alot of “breathing room” if you will, for flow.

I’m gonna try it and I’ll report back. This could be pretty significant for certain applications, imho. So long as it doesn’t hurt yield or flavor, it really could be huge.

straight kief is gonna clog yes mix it. crc clogging is its own thing and maybe related to moisture.

In don’t doubt that it will work, i run media bros everday at 100psi, i just don’t know it will be effect mixed like b80 for instance can be. Definitely let me know, i save as much kief a s possible any way to just bulk out runs, its amazing what gets stuck in the grooves of the yellow totes.

@ScoopDiamonds how did the run with kief mixed in with crx do?

2 Likes

Just ran crx with some trimm fresh trimm and we’ll first time clueless I ran 75 gz lol wit about 120 grams of media I think In a 6" colum I made into my crc lol hay gotta learn trying my questions is use more or less if u really don’t know ?

Also it came out beautiful like I’m looking at this and wow looks live