CRC taste like shit change my mind

With what then? One of those pall filters @Dred_pirate?

With a disc.

1 Like

Can you linky me?

1 Like

Who’s man is this? Vader Extracts on here?

7 Likes

Jesus. I can’t believe how easily he pulled that clamp off. This is why I hate triclamp for pressure service

5 Likes

Lol. His excuse on why it happened is pretty funny too…

2 Likes

There is a gauge on the top of that column staring him in the face lol

6 Likes

Looks like crc to me.

The right

I went to his profile, he posted it too. He said his “gauge failed”…

And that it was the “third time in 3 years”

Lol

2 Likes

:sob: this is me on the first day back in a lab.
Vader out of LA I thought

2 Likes

What’s the alternative to tri-clamp? :nerd_face:

1 Like

Threaded sleeves would be the way to go for sure, but I don’t understand why it’s something that isn’t very common at all…

1 Like

There’s dozens of options, most of them are not commonly available though because triclamp is what everyone settled on.

API threads with a radial seal are a good option for make/break and will vent pressure before disconnecting. They are not zero clearance though and usually not designed for sanitary service.

Breach locks are inoperable under pressure because of the massive amount of friction when even slight pressure in them. Much less common though and still not zero clearance.

O ring face seal is my favorite but very expensive/uncommon in sizes over maybe 2". Zero clearance and sanitary, they also vent pressure before disconnecting. These could be the standard if an industry would choose them as the go-to

Radial seal pin closures are also great but not really an option for continuous piping.

3 Likes

11 posts were split to a new topic: Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr Talk and chat! LOL

Not on topic in the least bit!

Some how didnt notice it hissing at him when he took the first side off, ive never had it happen in almost 10 yrs.

1 Like

Always open a valve first!

7 Likes

I did the same thing on my very first run! Except I took the clamp on the bottom of the material column off… It shot that fucker 6 feet into the air, and blew weed everywhere… Thank God I was outside!
Edit: it will never happen again!

6 Likes

I really didn’t know this was a common issue :man_facepalming:t2:

5 Likes

Haha. That’s a buddy of mine, too. Sucks when that many people had their hands on it and didn’t notice. But, I’m pretty sure it’s happened to a bunch of us. Not a single one of us are perfect.

14 Likes