Crc sizing help i

got a 4" one kicking for the low?! Sheesh, wish i had a 3" column…

My column is 2", so is it advisable to go up to 3" then back down to 1.5" on the dump valve?
I thought that would cause some kind of issue, maybe I’m wrong.

@Terpslut Is that my Terp Slut ?

I’m sorry but probably not.
Not unless we met in Africa…

2 Likes

How much for one of those 3"?

we can get rid of them for $65 ea list price is $130 our loss is your gain.
We could also weld it into a ferrule for a few more pesos.

4 Likes

How much more if welded? @Soxhlet

3" ferrules are $8.25 each and the three welds will take around 45 min.
so bvv disk new $130 your price $75
2x3" ferrules $16.50
welding and electropolish $131.25
total $222.75
If anyone has existing disks they need welded in you can send the disk in the mail and we can do a similar thing in price for the 3". Larger sizes take more time/ consumables.

3 Likes

As long as the packed celite bed is the last in line and you’re using low pressure and 3 micron or lower filter paper, a sintered disc isn’t necessary, at least imo. You could use a welded sintered disc, but I don’t and I don’t have any powders pass. I’m also not using a compression ring.

3 Likes

Hey is there any of the 3 inch welded avail still I know it old post but if so I would like to buy … also could I run not wielded if you don’t have just as kit shows ??

1 Like

i run 3" as well, i saw indofab i think , has nice sintered discs that drop in(not welded)
or check with @Killa12345, i know he has options that may be less investment

Just did a quick calculation using n-butane as a solvent and the od of the spool. 7.9 lbs of solvent for a 6x 16 spool

1 Like

Indofab makes the welded sintered discs

2 Likes

Thanks guys for the heads up but how do I email those guys or find contact info to place an order??? Today I ordered a up best value vacs to hold
Me until I can get a welded set up… Thanks again for the info you guys are the shit !!!

Sales@indofabsolutions @Qualitytakeslove

Thank you !!’

1 Like

Hey Terpslut. The guys who sold you that system, AmaDab, have all the pieces you need i’m sure… :wink:

2 Likes

Do u have a link to your site?

https://www.indofabsolutions.com/s/shop @SlabDabs

1 Like

What do the filter plates look like on the bottom? Could someone show a breakdown of their inline crc column