CRC Sintered Mesh Discs / Pleated SS filters / CUSTOM MICRON GRADES / USA MADE

From my understanding the discs are being used to retain the filter aids? If that is the case a fine metal fiber media sandwiched in between mesh may work better (more flow than sintered powder)

2 Likes

Not personally, but this is the right community to ask.

Were basically doing the same thing as the palm oil industry from my understanding. We’re using clays and other powders to remediate.

1 Like

Exactly

The use of sintered filters is used to support filtration adsorbent powders/clays. Also to avoid that powder from contaminating the end product.

The process is a liquid hydrocarbon solvent (butane, propane) washes over plant material to collect resin. That solution then gets filtered through a bed of clays/powders, which is held in place with a sintered disc(usually) then ends up in a collection vessel to be collected.

The purpose of the powders is used to strip undesirable plant material, pigments, etc. We are all still learning the benefits of this style of filtration.

Basically what we need is probably some sort of better prefilter as you already mentioned to lessen the load being filtered at the sintered disc. Or even a completely different style of filter. I think it’s safe to say we are open to options.

2 Likes

@TimC Could you produce a close-able 34" diameter, 6" high, 1 micron mesh basket?

The short answer in yes. Are you able DM me a sketch or drawing of the basket? Are you trying for a 2 micron mesh reusable option?

I can DM, but 1 micron is required yes.

1 Like

@TimC Hey bud how do I get ahold of you? I want see about getting some sintered disks from you.

1 Like

I filter down to 0.2 micron. You’ll get fines making their way through the 1 micron.

1 Like

@Dred_pirate Is your 0.2 micron paper ?

I wonder what supplier stocks 0.2 micron stainless sintered disc.

2 Likes

https://www.arborfab.com/4SinteredMediaFilteringDisc

4 Likes

Thank you for the link, Do you stage from 20un, 5um ,1um then to 0.2 ? & your passive rite ?

I like the idea of filtering to 0.2 for several reasons, currently going tampon to 5um to 1um but just went and committed to a Beest and turfing the pump. Curious if I need to get a 20um up the pipe

Without it welded in how do u keep it from alipping beside it

Gasket

1 Like

Sorry for the lack of reponse, I was having issues logging into this forum. . .

I’ll be at MJBIZCON this year with some sample materials. Please reach out to me and we can all talk. We’ve also developed a media that has PVPP co-sintered to a porous plastic that can be used for it PVPP properties without having to worry about the fine particles.

1 Like