CRC Powders in oil? HELP

Afternoon Gang,

Our first Passive CLS CRC run came out w/ some clear/white looking crumble that is like kinetic sand at room temp, tastes great & smells amazing. Barely has any wax/lipids whatsoever. The issue is that when i winterized it i now have some white shit in it. I’m 99% sure that this is some or one of the CRC powders.

Details

1. Ran super cold solvent (distilled butane) into material column (2.2lbs w/ 12lbs solvent) so about a 5:1 ratio w/ minimal soak time of a couple minutes
  2. Used a dewaxer column at under -50 and let it sit for 2 hrs
  3. Ran the CRC w/ a Setup powder stack of AA 100g, Silica 60g, T5 200g, Celpure
  4. Recovered and stuck in vac for @ 115 degree F for 4 days
  5. Winterized it in 190 etho
  6. Evaped a few grams w/ a fan; covered w/ a silk screen to keep particles out for 24hrs and came out w/ the white shit.

My hunch is that Cellpure got through which is like 1micron. Not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

You should be more clear on your filtration stack on your crc column . I mean if u think u got powders in your oil which it looks like the case then going to the source of the issue (ie your crc column filter) would be a help to adequately diagnose your problem. @nomansland

Thanks @710enigmatic
I’m using the BVV CRC & followed there SOP.

3 Likes

Are those paper filters? I had about 75/25 luck with filter papers. worked about 75 percent of the time. since getting sintered I’ve never had a problem.

4 Likes

Yes, those are filter papers. I’m not using sintered disks. I’ll start my research there.

Cheers🍻

1 Like

I’m planning on doing eho Buckner remediation to fix it. I think I can just put a bed of cellpure on the bottom than t5 on top vs re run