CRC or something else?

So I’ve been talking shop with some dude on IG. We were talking about what media I used and I said W1 and he had a bunch of stuff to say w1 “ W1 has a high concetration of iron and magnesium init
Cuz they source silica from certain low grade deposits
You can tell from the color of the media
It’s very concerning to me for leaching into the product as a heavy metal trace”
But his stuff comes out straight white/clear with no media “supposedly” I just find it funny ALL his pics were a nice golden color then crc came out and now everything is colorless. Sooo is it possible to get literally colorless oil without media. Even running at -60+ my FF won’t come out straight clear. So I’m just genuinely curious

There’s a clear difference. Is it possible to get start zero color with no media?

3 Likes

@SubstituteCreature can do it without solvent

there are other routes as well.

or so’s the tell.

edit: …and those pictures scream media to me.

11 Likes

Looks like your new friend has a loose relationship with the truth…

14 Likes

I’ll guarantee he does his own media mix and so he thinks it’s not “really CRC”

7 Likes

Only times ive seen extracts come out white

-CRC media
-Solventless extraction
-Bho extracted live plant ran the next day

5 Likes

The color is always going to form in the terps/d9 layer on every extract. Remove that and you have only thca which can be made into “colorless” products. The flavor is in the color tho

14 Likes

I bet all of that guys stuff tastes like bread dough. I agree with @Waxplug1 its all in the terps and that guys product looks like he has crcd it until most of the terps are gone.

6 Likes

Never seen crc come out water clear it always has a slight color to it.

Not crc

21 Likes

I don’t know why but nice lemony terps come to mind when looking at those jars - lemon terps always give me the best results in terms of color too

4 Likes

These were strawberry cough. This one is one of my personal favorites with this tech. Absolutely reeked

5 Likes

Dude excellent job, they look immaculate! If those ever end up in CO i’m down to trade :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you :pray: much appreciated. A lot of work goes into those ones and the yield is small so they are extra special

3 Likes

They are always in CO but they usually move quick

5 Likes

Ya this definitely has terps

Tbh, the guys previous “darker” runs look more appealing to me.

7 Likes

California alchemy definitely uses crc he admitted this in the past

1 Like

Have tried his stuff before and it was actually pretty good. Way better then a lot of the crc in my area

2 Likes

Maybe his material is pulled super early while all the trichs are clear?

1 Like

Anyone down for some ice water

Send me one those fuck I wanna try this

I personally think he cold vacuum distilled the hte terps fraction …I bet he has a super badass cold trap

2 Likes