Crc noob questions. Dont want to crowd "original" crc thread with ignorant questions

I think I’m gonna set this up today. Just had one last question. Do I have to worry about any sort of thermal shock on my jackets going from 90°f then Having a dry ice slurry run through it a few moments later…

3 Likes

That’s a good question I noticed my open jacket “move” on one of my tubes when adding hot water to recover the gas in the column…that tube was my first tube ever it’s old and it lost its supports on the top part of the jacket so I’m guessing that’s why it moves and the others dont but it did let me visualize the thermal shock…maybe one of the other guys can answer this

2 Likes

This is how I do it. Works great. Constant ability to switch from cold to hot on the fly.

3 Likes

Do you use quick connects? I’m a little worried the qc’s won’t be able to handle a dry ice slurry

1 Like

Nope. I actually just swap my pump over from hot to cold and so fourth.

3 Likes

Well I got it to work super well. Injection was insanely quick at the lowest temps I can get. But after injection there’s still all that solvent left in the column. How do you get the rest through?(sorry for the dumb question) With my active system I use the vapor pressure from the pumps to heat up and push the rest of the solvent down into the collection.
This is how I used to do n2 assist: I’d flood normal at like 15psi then shut it off and push through with nitro to clear the column if vapor assist didn’t get high enough psi to make it through all the crc media.

1 Like

I hook up recovery to the top of my column, remove the dry ice and add hot water to the jacket to push the remainder of the solvent into recovery.

3 Likes

Nice to meet you Gumby :slight_smile: I am Gumbi as well :smiley:

2 Likes

15 Likes

How would I do this with distillate? which is presently 94.8% delta 9 as i dont want end up with bunch delta 8 just to have clear oil.

Dissolve, filter, recover solvent.

What, wait? Who the fuck are you? I know who you are man!

1 Like

Can someone expand on the nitro push? Do I add my solvent then push with nitro?

3 Likes

No, with valves closed and prior to injection,
Charge your cooold solvent tank with desired psi using an inert gas,
Then it’s happy injecting🤙

4 Likes

You definitely don’t want to thermally shock your stainless gear with a delta-T of 160 degrees. Won’t do anything noticeable to the eye the first or even the tenth time but beyond that you’re playing with fire.

7 Likes

How many lbs?

Can you explain how this works? Made my first CRC run yesterday and I had a real issue getting my solvent through the filter. I had to use my recovery pump to pull the solvent through.

Look into nitrogen assist! It should take care of all your needs if your getting stopped in crc.

Im new to crc as well but the search feature is gonna be your best friend! The guys here are extremely helpful but won’t spoon feed us :joy::love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

so off subject, but I trigued…say butane that has chilled on dry ice…-40f on infrared thermometer is pushed through material and into collection pot with empty jacket…after full amount is collected, remainder pushed out of collumn with nitrogen ad then nitrogen burped to atmospheric pressure…

after that a water heater set to 120 is currently ulati g through the jacket of collection tank…delta 160 if I’m not mistaken…should that be ramped up stepwise instead of filling g the jacket with hot water?

No. Just fill the jacket with hot water.