CRC Filter Media popular brands

It’s 2022 bro :sunglasses:

1 Like

Take your time and leap into 2022 then.

After the upgrades right?

6 Likes

This is even better than I thought it would be. We got the kings attention…. :joy::rofl::joy:

Happy Saturday!!

6 Likes

Got some data to back it up? I’d be looking at your bio material. That seems to be the only thing inconsistent this time of year for me.

61f2e5

7 Likes

Lol I love how you ignored my snipe about Skunk Pharm. You remember exactly what post I’m talking about.

Untreated narcissism and autism is a real burden, I’m sorry. A lot of folk in this industry have it. You can usually find them fighting other equipment manufacturers in the comments of internet forums. It’s sad but true.

I think my words hurt more than reporting you, but sure, let yourself think I’m reporting your posts :slight_smile:

3 Likes

All this and no follow up from Carmen lol

5 Likes

I want better biomass. In fact I wanna run dry nugs that are properly cured

3 Likes

My lab buys T5 and AA from Carbon Chemistry. We bake overnight at 300F and seal in a bucket until use. We use about 1L of volume, we don’t weigh it out, of each media and run about 12000G-16000G of dry herb/trim over it using a 70/30 butane/propane split and have some 20u filters and 5u disks above and below the CRC stack. (Specifically we have a grated disk with a 20u filter paper on top of another grated disk with a 20u filter paper on top, then the media, then another 20u filter paper, then a 5u disk, and a second 5u disk).

We use this BHO extract to make distillate and carts. When we run fresh frozen we don’t use media.

I was hoping to come to this thread to learn more about pre baked and pre mixed blends which I have not played with. Sounded to me like even if they are “pre-baked” its worth re baking anyways?

Anyone enjoy their pre mixed medias and feel it was worth it?

Anyone think they have a better brand than Carbon chemistry that they like?

Anyone wanna rip apart my CRC stack and suggest improvements?

Here for CRC Filter and media help not drama. Thank you in advance <3

3 Likes

Does anyone use media bros instead of w1?? I never used w1 just media bros and wanted to know if they prefer w1 over media bros and why, or is there another media they recommend? I try to only run fresh trim only.

Thanks

Call summit. They always have new stuff, and they can get anything you want. Even if it’s a custom order powder.

What kinda butane specific powders does summit carry? Seems a bit outta their scope of expertise but I’m sure you know that. :rofl:

3 Likes

Lustermax > W1 or anything from media Bros

2 Likes

Go ask them, I just use the basics.

Thanks for bringing it back to topic.
I’ve been using some old carbon chemistry stuff that’s been in the lab for years, it is not very effective between the T5 or T41, maybe just because it’s old?

But what brought me here, was the mention of W1, which has had pretty amazing results as the single main media, I set it on a bed of DE, on top of a paper filter, on top of a sintered filter, over another paper filter.
We’ve had our testing facility specifically look for any powdered residuals in the autosampler. So far it’s been totally clean, so that basic setup has done fine.
The color difference per weight is pretty remarkable in comparison to the other bentonite mixtures I have used. I don’t dabble with silica, it seems like there is a potential for contamination? I read Gumby’s post about silicosis, I also came across an article a while back concerning silica contamination - which I am having a hard time sourcing at the moment. But if anyone has seen issues with chemtek, especially the W1, I’d love to know. They’ve performed great for us, helpful customer service to boot.
It seems OP threw some flak and couldn’t back up a damn word of it…

Does anyone have experience with alkaline bentonite?
I’ve been getting a lot of butter spots in my shatter slabs, I’m thinking an increase in PH might fix that? I’d sauce it, but we have a lot of shatter-loving CXs, for some reason.

1 Like

High pH absorbents :disguised_face:

4 Likes

Absolutely crushed. They sell a CLS now don’t they?

I’m sure they have all kinds. I haven’t ran into those yet. I heard they have their own high grade sources now with great results. No bake out required and really good results. I’ve never had a bad batch of media from them unlike some sellers who’s inventory can be over a year old and full of moisture.

Could you imagine if they got sued by gene pool for violating patents. Ironic huh? :face_with_hand_over_mouth::joy::flushed:

Honestly this legal cannabis equipment game isn’t as fun as most people think. Amazon is so much less stress than dealing with most people in this industry. 2024 focus will be 95% Amazon business. No customer service. Just accept return and move on.

Summit has been doing this as long as anyone and I’ve said it plenty of times before. @spdking has to be rich as fuck with as many spd setups he has in the industry. I’d be swimming in my bank vault like Scrooge mcduck

Then just stick with w1. We always advise clients if you happy with the product. Just keep it running. If you wanna try side samples for shits and giggles. Then try others that way but never fuck with production just to “try” a new product. This is coming from someone that doesn’t sell w1.

Most of the companies out there from carbon chemistry, chemtek, lustermax, media bros. All have quality products proven in the industry. All companies have different products which fill voids other might have. I’ve seen fire extracts made from all the companies out there and it’s an extractors personal preference like gas mixture ratios.

4 Likes