Crc diamonds hot jar tek

They grow them in the pan…

Search “pan tek”

3 Likes

Put seeded pyrex in oven at 80-100F full of oil should crash in a couple days super simple

Once it crashes, how long should I hold out for, before I call it and purge it for the lab?

It depends on temp the higher the temp the quicker it will crash but typically over 100 you will get sugar. I typically go for a quicker cycle at 100F with a shit load of thca as a seed and it will finish in as little as 24 hours or up to 72 hours with a rock salt like consistency. But sometimes you can still end up with sugar. All my live runs i crash and purge at room temp to save terps they purge easy because of low viscosity . Dry trim runs the thca is purged at 100F full vac for 12-24 hours and the sauce will go 80-85F -15 hg for 24 hours typically

7 Likes

About how much solvent should I leave in the oil. Just regular amount like for jars or more? TIA. I’ve made diamonds in jars just never tried Pyrex after the first time I tried it and it came out like sugar.

I heard a story of someone loading up a 1.9 oven with a shitload of pyrex with butane rich oil the next morning someone on a different shift opens the oven and it ignited as soon as the door opened . I use the least amount of residual as i can even since i heard this . It was a top of the line oven too . Everyone was ok fire was put out but all the oil was lost and it was a learning lesson

1 Like

It’s usually going to come out like coarse sugar. No one is growing fatties in an open pyrex… although I have been impressed with how big some people seem to get the crystals in a pyrex pan.

@Saucyslabz thanks for the story. I’ve wondered about butane build up in ovens before…sounds like it can be a real problem.

2 Likes

Guess that’s a good reason to purge with n2 before opening

6 Likes

This was in a c1d1 facility with all proper equipment. I think the only way it could’ve been avoided is not loading the oven up with so much solvent . The second that hot trapped butane hit atmosphere it ignited it was on camera . If you had a way to send the butane vapor with nitrogen to a separate tank under vac it wouldn’t of happened but I’ve never heard of this being done . I am not sure if purging to atmosphere with nitrogen would have stoped this . There was just way to much butane in the oven . I appreciate any input !

2 Likes

Thanks for the great reply. That answered a bunch of questions. Like why did one of mine make applesauce instead of diamonds? Now I know, it got too hot. I also know why I haven’t seen a diamond of any size in my jar. I’ll keep the temps down.

1 Like

i have no diamond skills but found some big ones in a refrigerated jar.

1 Like

def gotta make sure to vent that biatch before opening. Beyond operator error, the root cause is the design of these ovens.
The heating elements are not sealed tight inside the oven walls.
Explosive mixture makes its way thru that lil crack you can see from the front with door open where elements are at. Inside oven temps are not high enough for autoignition.
Its kinda silly these ovens have been made like this. Well, they are designed for trace amounts of solvent - whatever the hell that means anymore cause pouring out wet for some of these popular product types is far from “trace” in my opinion.

2 Likes

Usually the ovens have multiple ports. Hook one up to N2 and the other up to safe vent to outside (preferably something stainless that is long enough to cool the vapor). Open the vent line and push it out with N2. You could even hook a gas monitor to the vent line to know when you’re below LEL. In refineries, this kind of vented gas often goes to flash to burn off the vapor

6 Likes

gotta agree. idk if its the best but it definitly works. great results everytime.

so lit Bic in front of the vent BEFORE opening, then push with N2 through another port till the flame goes out. sounds legit! I’m sure the fire marshal will sign off on it…

3 Likes

the bic lighter modification we all wished we could do in middle school

1 Like

I find it hard to believe any butane vapor is coming out of an vacuum purge oven hot enough to auto ignite.

That said, the set up you mention sounds standard for a legitimate lab. I’m just incredulous at the people describing butane igniting without an ignition source at what I would guess is 80-120F. Ridiculous

I’ve seen “proper C1D1” labs. They’re ghetto as shit and often hid their failings before the fire marshall comes by.

There was an ignition source in saucyslabz story. Dunno what, but it wasn’t the oven’s temp.

1 Like

Friction maybe?

Heating element for the oven being under power and the vapor leaking into the oven internals and finding that hot element…

3 Likes

I agree with your assessment. My first thought would be about equipment bonding

1 Like