Crc diamonds hot jar tek

it’s better for smaller formations, low temps generally result in bigger stones that grow slowly. Heat makes them grow quicker but smaller

4 Likes

Removed

Removed

How warm are we talking? I thought higher heat led to smaller clusters?

the purpose of the cryo bath is to cool everything so much that the THCA actually falls to the bottom of the solution. When you cap it and let the crystallization happen, it’s already down low and starts to cluster into bigger formations usually. This happens naturally anyway and is a debatable topic as many members on here (myself included) have grown decent stones with no cold crash at all.

You can grow them without any heat, however if you’re starting with a solution that has not been dewaxed, chances are the cold temps will cause your solution to be too thick and slow or halt crystallization from happening. A clean dewaxed starting solution is desired for this reason.

I don’t dewax and I have a hard time growing anything without heat. I like to set the jars in my vac chamber set at 80F, so they’re barely warm, but warm enough to where it doesn’t thicken up too much.

13 Likes

This is worth a read

5 Likes

Everyone has a preferred temp. 80f is a good starting point though. Not saying the cold crash doesn’t work but i’ve always made way better stones going straight to heat.

10 Likes

I thought hot jar Tek skipped cold crash anyways?

Tbh no cold crash is needed any Tek like @J12 said

7 Likes

I was curious if in a capped jar situation, if keeping it a bit warmer like 80-95F, would allow the solution to be runny, helping in creating individual faceted diamonds instead of clusters, sugar, or pucks. I love the way J12 and crusador og from greendot labs get crystals so perfect, I know that without capping it is very hard to do, so I’m all ears for any insight about things to do in a capped situation.

I’m also curious, how a lot of you finish it out to prevent crystallization in your terps later on, i usually just finish a bit warmer but didn’t know if separating was the way to go on this or higher heat.

6 Likes

Tried out the pyrex no lid. 15 hours in. Crazy growth.

16 Likes

Lid def settles everything and gets more runny for me at these temps. W this Tek it’s all about speed though. If it’s not crashing fast gas it off way more

Lid slows it down big time vs no lid. High heat will make a diamond paddy w facets plus lid

6 Likes

Dope !
So you’re decarbing the THCa crystals, technically converting to high D9, then putting that in carts? If I read correctly.

How’d the carts smoke?

Gang gang,
iLL Nye :call_me_hand:t3::call_me_hand:t3:

3 Likes

I always perceived cryo-crashing as a tool to allow a high-solvent retention to remain in solution… allowing the THCa and other cannabinoids to start bonding with minimal agitation.

:call_me_hand:t3::call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like

Since we’re on the topic of quicker crystal formations. Has anyone tried harvesting a large THCa diamond, suspending it in a large amount of HTE? Then continue to harvest that same diamond and put in more HTE for extended periods of time.

This could continuously add to the formation over time creating a large bolder. As well as a good tek to cleanse HTE of residual cannabinoids.

:man_shrugging:t3: Any thoughts or experiences with this hypothesis?

Gang gang,
iLL Nye :call_me_hand:t3::call_me_hand:t3:

6 Likes

Actually I was talking about a crc crude then I was trying to seed and my seeds kept melting so I just made vapes, I decarb first was great

But I have used washed stones a few times to make carts, decarb wash diamonds then add hte. Turned out wonderful

4 Likes

Totally read that wrong :joy:

Nice, when you DeCarb’d the washed seeds(Heptane wash I presume), did they get dark in color from Decarb?

2 Likes

Not at all… It used to be my avatar pic on here

I washed them clean of terpenes. They was crystals clear. Decarb was water clear oil that got hard af when it cooled

3 Likes

Dope tek!
I’ve played with it and yielded quick results.

Have you noticed any media pull through with the B80, Celite?
Are you using a sintered disk or filtering papers?

I’ve experimented with b80 under each material column that then filtered through a CRC spool with just Activated Alumina and sintered stacks. No media pull through and super cheap tek compared T41, etc.

1 Like

Nice!
Did you get the DeCarb’d THCa tested. I wonder how much converted to d9.

What temp was your solution during decarb? Enough to convert?

1 Like

230-250f. No I don’t have access to test

2 Likes