CRC = Completely Remove Character

A post processing procedure that produces an absolutely stunning product that has had every bit of the unique stuff, you know, everything that adds character, stripped away. You only get the raw soul of the plant.

6 Likes

With over 160 named cannabinoid compounds, only about 10 have been tested for psycho/medicinal effects.
The pursuit of pure d9 is fine but I prefer my cannabinoids like God made them.
Using color as a criterion is something the market has learned from the commodity producers.
This is why I think there will be a market for craft carts just like craft beers.
The majors will dominate the Color Queen market but I think full spectrum extract will be the choice of the experienced.

17 Likes

Soul is a lost term on the vinyl siding salesmen that have rushed into our once tight knit family affair…refining to a point where they just jumped the proverbial shark - each there on.

Craft, Niche & Care will always rise to the top & has the ability to provide very well for one or three. There will always be a market for small batch goods made with true love.

Keep the love & you will save the soul!

10 Likes

Come over to the “Dark Side”…

1 Like

Why would you want to smoke/vape/dab concentrated pigments?

14 Likes

ITT: people sitting on a bunch of dark shatter

9 Likes

Complementary and synergistic effects are known to occur between all of the original components found in the raw plant material.

While it is true that very few psychoactive compounds have been isolated, the effects realized from any particular variety or strain of plant are not just from the psychoactive components, it is directly related to the unique mixture of compounds manufactured by that specific plant.

You can isolate anything you want, and concentrate it to the max, but what are you actually losing in the process?

I pose this question. Are you absolutely certain that ALL compounds with color are worthless pigments? Even without psychoactive effects, some cannabis components are medicinal, and all of them are synergistic, modifying the overall effect.

Try a hexane or pentane extraction, there will always be color. Why? Those are both very non-polar, they are not pulling chlorophyll. Only non-polar stuff comes out, and guess what, some non-polar stuff has color.

2 Likes

there is definitely something about raw flower that concentrates can never match. I dab quite a bit but I consume flower way more frequently

5 Likes

I could donate what’s left after I extract some kief with ethanol so you can smoke or do some R&D on it. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Kief, by definition is made up completely of concentrated trichs. If you are finding material, after your ETOH wash, you are either not dissolving everything, or your initial screens are just too big and green is getting through (need 100 micron).

Clean kief should be very close to full melt.

But thanks for the biomass offer, anyway.

2 Likes

If i remember correctly impurities even less than 100 ppm can cause color change . That is why were currently not able to identify what cause distillate to have odd colors like blue, pink ,or purple . There is a whole thread about it. I personally find with just the right amount of B80 and celite it really brings out the true terp profile. The selectivity of extraction is amazing its all about solvent temp. Even with using too much b80 i feel you just have a way cleaner more pure extraction the terps are allways way stronger for me even on year old material. CRC = the win more terpy more pure . I tried to make a crumble / cake badder and set my oven to 120 low vac 15hg and the whole jar turned to diamonds in 6 hours no lid very clean thca / terp serperation from year old trim . This is just my personal experience . I don’t think there is correlation between color pigment and cannabanoids / terpenes because in all there pure forms they’re pale yellow or clear and that is how CRC comes out lol. Also i find when done right yeilds loss is little to none . Also throw in potential pesticide / heavy metal remediation! How can you beat that ? Its made the best quality ive ever had hands down all across the board and i love all hashes and flower .

4 Likes

Impossible dream: I want to see “Black Diamonds”

Not really possible, unless you figure out how to crystallize a mixture, and not just one compound.

The kief has an outer shell or husk. This is where the color comes from. There is a thread about some smart dude saying that trichs have exoskeletons. :man_shrugging: I really don’t know much as I am still doing R&D work on trichs.

4 Likes

I think the only difference that you’re noticing has to do with the temperature you are inhaling your vapor or smoke at. It would be interesting to run a trial with a blunt a joint, bong, dab rig and cart to see what kinds of cannabinoids the temperature that their combustion may create

4 Likes

The temp controls the chemistry. Someone needs to get a TGA that runs into a GC-MS and identify all the unique products created from heating. That’s less than 100k in instrumentation to have pretty close to the whole story.

1 Like

Yes, beta-carotene gives that golden type color and it is pretty non-polar

Was it the guy from dirty arm farms in oregon?
I remeber someone saying something similar, despite the bit about exoskeletons being nonsense

As far as cannabis is concerned, TEMPERATURE is everything, from seed to exhalation.

Temperature affects germination.

Temperature affects growth

Temperature affects flowering

Temperature affects humidity

Temperature affect curing

Temperature affects products extracted

Temperature affects dissolution

Temperature affects distillation

Temperature affects isomerization

Temperature affects decarboxylation

Temperature affects crystallization

Temperature affects combustion

Temperature affects vaporization

Temperature is probably the single most important, controllable component of any cannabis procedure, from seed to exhalation.

14 Likes

Are you certain all compounds with color are safe to dab when concentrated?

6 Likes

High times actually published a study on this at one point, I think pipes were getting you the most content of the plant. Bongs will filter and joints/blunts will “lose” some of the content up in smoke as it burns.