CRC Clogs

Granular media is not chromatography and also doesn’t clog so it’s not relevant to this post.

1 Like

Ok, but again, I’d say the vast majority of people are not rinsing their medias

1 Like

Nice I need to look into that some more.

Now what about being able to use AA instead of DE? :laughing:

2 Likes

And I’d say that they should.

There’s no reason to ever run media under your material column. You can extract so much faster by batching your oil in solution in a separate vessel and then performing one big granular filtration OR chromatography run through rinsed, pressurized media which you can easily pack into your now empty material column if adding a separate column for filtration is not an option.

6 Likes

I would never recommend DE. Alumina has a lot of great benefits and is exceptionally helpful for removing heavy metals.

3 Likes

That is exactly what @Waxplug1 recommends.

2 Likes

Loling at all your posts…

All I’m saying.

I’m confused why everyone rides your metaphorical dick…

2 Likes

I can’t speak for the aa, but it’s pretty cheap to pick up some celite or de off of Amazon.

So far, the information given here is completely contradicting my own experience and all of the reading I’ve done here on this forum.

Murphymurri style

1 Like

I was just trying to get the guy who bumped it a solid answer lol :love_you_gesture::pray:

1 Like

Depends on what you want to use the AA for. If its for catching smaller particles then no. If its for removing heavy metals, soaps, gums then yes. Both AA and DE remove heavy metals and can improve the clarity of your oil however DE is neutral pH and can only remove stuff that you crashed with the aid of winterizing or stuff thats bigger than 2 microns. AA being acidic and granular can help remove metals through adsorption but also help crash out non-hydratable gums with its acidity thus improving the transparency your oil. Id recommend using the AA as a prefilter layer to help the clays perform better by removing the common impurities first or if you winterize you can always preload it into your winterizing column to help crash out fats/gums/etc.

6 Likes

Have you ever noticed how when you pour out your oil say for example in a canning jar, and it cools down as it off gasses, theres little specks of pulp looking stuff but it goes away as soon as you heat it up by say putting the jar in the oven? Those are the gums and lipids that crash very easily once the solution becomes acidic. If you can do this in the winterizing step by adding alumina then you can crash em out early improving your flow and the clarity of the oil

8 Likes

What do you filter this with? Is that when you do the ‘fat catcher’?

1 Like

Oh yea i have a model i made that lets you drop this media into a 5 micron basket as soon as you open the 2in ball valve on your winterizing column. Very similar to an inline strainer except it has a port to depressurize before swapping baskets and an open jacket to help keep the fats in the basket from redisolving into solution. I plan on selling this fats catcher on chemtek and adding it this week

7 Likes

Been waiting

Edit bc that saying sounds weird lol…

Waxplug you’re the man I can’t wait

3 Likes

Me too! lol customs is killing me and i appreciate you and the fam here as well :pray:! Its been a hella of a ride here with you all

6 Likes

agreed. most are not taking fractions either. meaning they’re not doing chromatography, or they don’t understand that they are doing chromatography if they are.

in typical cannabis industry fashion, we calling several different things by the same name (CRC), which is adding to the confusion.

3 Likes

My metaphorical dick is huge bro, idk what else to tell you. :woman_shrugging: You don’t have to believe me, you can follow my effortless SOPs anytime - the results are consistent and extremely repeatable.

Lots of people want shortcuts. That’s not what I’m offering. Do it right if you want to do it once.

6 Likes

Color
Remediation
Cartridge

Gonna have to disagree with you here.
The vast majority of people are meaning this when they use the term crc, including op. Not even sure what else crc means on this forum.

What other term have you seen abbreviated to crc on here?