CRC and sub micron particles, blow throughs and clogs.

Well I’m here to report success, too many fail safes now to possibly fail haha. Overkill is fine with me at this point. From the media down… 12um paper holding back the 75/25% mix of t5 and 60a. Under that an 8um paper, under that a chinese gasket style 5um sintered, under that a doubled up 2.5um paper (for that snug fit) then finally the @N.B.OLER 2um. After the pre-rinse there’s barley anything to wipe from the collection, I feel like the hugest weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I greatly appreciate everyone’s suggestions as well as Nate & Alex showing me how to get the ultra sonic cleaning going properly. When I get to the lab tomorrow I will post a side by side pic of the gnarly contaminated slab vs post redissolving and re-filtering.

4 Likes

Hows the flow?

1 Like

I bought one of the 0.2 micron to see the build quality and to fiddly with. They could use some better design and quality. But it’s a good idea, just needs better build quality

5 Likes

30-40 psi! So much better than before! Maybe reached 50 during vapor loop

2 Likes

were you trying to get out mold??? i ordered a .5 micron sintered disc to do some mold spore testing to see now low you needed to go to remove some spores.

2 Likes

Totally agree, I have the .5 micron, and it’s rough looking.

Great idea, very bad execution.

@Killa12345, I think to filter out most mold and mold spores, a filter needs to be .2 microns.

5 Likes

I just wanted to see it for shits and giggles. It’s extremely cheaply made. I’ll post a couple pictures when I get back

yes… i totally agree that most people that have done mold remediation go down to usually a .2 micron filter. I just wanna do some testing to see how effeicient a .5 micron might be. Its only a test i figured i could go to .2 if .5 wasnt soo slow and didnt do the job.

2 Likes

all I know is back in the day I used to blast my moldy buds like an idiot and I never got sick :rofl:

2 Likes

Ahh, I see, makes sense to see if it works well enough. I’m sure sizing down to .2 from .5 is a big deal as far as flow goes.

The .5 micron one I have slows things down sooo much.

Was it any better than this one?

2 Likes

Also,

I don’t think I want it anymore haha. It was about 80 bucks shipped, but I’d take 50 bucks total if someone else is interested.

I’m seeing these things more as consumables, and if that’s the case I’m going to go another route. So if someone wants to do some testing, maybe this little 1.5 would be helpful rather than buying one new.

Nope. Pretty much the same quality. But, it was a 4" and a 0.2, otherwise just the same

1 Like

That brown shit I had to scrape off, then I washed it with iso, but it was like wtf guys?

Then the sanding of that corner to mark the pore size, I ordered a 1um btw, I’m sure that messes with the flow rate in that area.

I bitched to them, and told them they need to clean that shit up. Didn’t bother trying to send it back, figured ot was just a sunk cost.

Before filter upgrades…

1 Like

Same slab re-dissolved after filter upgrades

9 Likes

Nice. What powders ya using?

Doing 75/25% mix of t5 and the 60a silica gel. At about 100 g per lb

4 Likes

One major key to point out and let others know:
If mold is present, it’s likely mycotoxins are.
Mold does filter at .22um — MYCOTOXINS however DO NOT. They are ridiculously small and cannot even Be removed for injectibles.
Aflatoxins are usually the type we see - the mold itself isn’t in the same “ballpark” regarding human safety.
I posted some relevant info for remediation mycotoxins. So if anyone is experiencing mold, please have your oil tested for mycotoxins - they can kill people with compromised immune systems.
LLE water washes and some other options available. I’ll try to get around to posting a GLG TEC mycotoxins remediation SOP if I get inspired and if anyone wants to contribute to that or has experience with mycotoxins DM or just drop that for the masses :sunglasses:

Some of the big farms in Michigan are using gas chambers to treat and kill the mold pre-extraction but again we wanna see no mycotoxins :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

What about magsil? Would that grab any of those mycotoxins?