CRC active butane falling film open source

There was a corkscrew design that bizzy had…

I remember @Intergalactic had @Soxhlet weld him a npt fitting to the inside of a top cap for his falling film.

Maybe they’ll have some insight

4 Likes

Let’s see see some of the systems that have been built on this thread!!! Even If it’s a wip let’s see em!

2 Likes

How’d your build come out? Any pictures or suggestions for someone about to embark down the same road?

2 Likes

I have 4 diff tips ill get u pics in a sec

4 Likes

4 Likes

11 Likes

It slammed!! Was a fun project

20 Likes

It was a tall unit for sure

The swirly ones do a pretty good job but still have good amount of straight down, distribution plate would be better then any nozzles imo

1 Like

I think 1 and 4 are very very promising :eyes:

1 Like

Awesome! I’m about to embark on a very similar project and would love any info you wanna give to get me headed the right direction! That picture looks awesome! What kind of speeds are you hitting? With what heating /cool are you using? Definitely have me psyched to get this project started

1 Like

Yesh! Can u show and tell us moar @Intergalactic?

2 Likes

I absolutely, just fireaway on questions

@The_Lone_Stiller anything specific?

Can we see the other side of the unit? Did you fab anything for it or is it all off the shelf? Parts list? Build cost? Throughput? Built anymore since @Intergalactic?

3 Likes

epic! fuck ethanol!

3 Likes

Werent you moving liquid solvent with the trs21 here?

I need to do this I have the pump

3 Likes

Wanna answer the speed and heating/cooling your using/getting? I also like all of @The_Lone_Stiller questions. Thanks in advance for all the help (and for all you given so far)

1 Like

Back chamber is the preheater, and front above “honey pot” is a tube in shell? Then the vapor goes up to the side of honey pot, ya?

2 Likes

16 Likes

Yeah the trs is a pile of shit. I’m sitting on one waiting for some unique opportunity to use it

1 Like