CR Live Resin to Cartrdiges

Used to open blast + vac way back in the day before you could trust product from a dispensary, eventually stepped up to a Tamisium for the head stash (this was years ago). Anyways, had been using carts for years as a career outside cannabis took priority.

Recently bought a puffco peak + grabbed some CR live resin that’s low flavor that I’m not fond of dabbing. My thoughts are to combine the half ounce (different strains), decarb in a water bath @ ~135 as per @Dred_pirate, add CDT (from @Betroit) and fill carts. Is this reasonable? Terps are so low on the CR material, would prefer the CDT to overpower anyways. Maybe just kill the terps in the LR and fast decarb uncapped? I’m an end consumer in CA, so unfortunately no cheap access to distillate and trying to make the most of something I probably wouldn’t buy again.

With all that said, I purchased some CR live resin (and cured resin) produced by @CannasseurOils that I quite enjoy and will be dabbing. Fire in, fire out? :fire:

3 Likes

Hey thank you so much! Very much appreciate the love!! I love what I do and I always hope the passion shines thru in the products produced by myself and my team. Happen to recall what flavors? Was it Live Resin in jars or was it the Liquid Live Resin in carts/pens?

1 Like

It was Live Resin in the jars. I grabbed Sour Maui, Birthday Cake, Ice Cream Cake, Sled Dawg, Dirty Pink, OG Diesel and have tried about half them so far. I’m kinda new to products filtered so much (winterization was somewhat cutting edge back in the day lol) but dig the smoothness. Retains a lot more strain-specific distinctive flavors vs the other producer.

Seems like your carts are more complete live resin? Dug up your post history a little. I presume you ran super cold if you’re not winterizing? Terp content looks really high too.

1 Like

Man… you DEF got some of the newer flavors. Buncha good ones too! I am a terp whore at heart lol so I try and maintain as many terps in the product as possible while filtering out everything that shouldn’t be in the extract. It def makes for a smoother more enjoyable dab.

The pens/carts are just Live Resin that has been “liquified” by a decarb method. If you scroll around in some of the threads here on live resin carts I drop some of my tech. Nothing really different from what others are doing. But like you said, Fire In Fire Out. Proper technique and starting material make all the difference.

1 Like

Right on, it speaks volumes!

Cool beans. I think I will decarb everything from the other producer, assess where I’m at from a terp standpoint (I am guessing lackluster hence my terp order ha) + verify thc doesn’t crash out by waiting a few days. Thanks!

1 Like

your strategy is sound.
however, if you decarb, even 50%, it will not crash.
thca crystalizes. not THC.

3 Likes

Finally almost fully liquified. Got a little crashed thca to decarb still (as jar has been pressurized for the most part).

Definitely some terps left over, but probably in the low low single digit percentages. Is adding 1ml of cannabis derived terps to my 10g oil excessive? Probably not making carts again for the foreseeable future and would rather just use up the terps.

If you have really nice diamonds. We like 66% diamonds crushed into powder add about 10 % refined cannabis derived terpenes 4% pro hemp cut, it’s on my website. It’s a flavorless odorless terpenes 100% derived from hemp and about 20% of a really good distillate

You could mix live trains in there however you might want. But this has been a pretty good basic recipe
There’s also a couple new cart manufacturers who are making different models for the exact viscosity of different mixes.