CPC Chromatography

How is cpc working for you?

1 Like

It’s not working for most

5 Likes

In what way ? Not separating THC from CBD at all? Or just not doing a good job of it?

Works great for us. Just not enough throughput at 1.4kg input per hour. Also literally had to reengineer the entire system myself cuz rotachrom is clueless. But the concept works!

3 Likes

I’ve had good results with our Gilson CPC. There is definitely a learning curve, but in my experience we’ve had excellent yields.

Hopefully getting my hands on an interchim here next week so I can really experience the difference in results, throughputs, pre/post processing etc.

2 Likes

At 1.4 kg per hour, are you at 1:1 Dilution of the sample?

I talked to a few CPC vendors and they seemed the flakiest and wasn’t too impressed by the specs they provided compared to other systems elsewhere. Curious, what sold you on rotochrom?

I personally did not get sold, our group purchased it before I got involved.

1 Like

Word :sunglasses:

What are the main issues? Problems testing everything?

Our Gilson’s are very effective. Easy method developement, remediation of thc, or isolation of minors. I wouldn’t even consider it without at least HPLC but we use HPLC with a PDA and it’s an amazing tool. The throughput can’t compete with flash but the quality of the products and potential for optimization is awesome. One drawback is the massive amounts of solvent recovery required.

5 Likes

Where’d you get those machines?

CPCs are like 500k per 500g per day. Something absurd like that.

Last day to vote @beaker award :1st_place_medal:

3 Likes

Gilson.com they’ve also got awesome micropipettes.

We have Gilson CPCs and we were started off with a heptane / methanol / water method. My team wants to switch to pentane / methanol / water, but I’ve been noticing instrument issues. Has anyone tried this before?