Cowell Mac oilfree compressors

Any body using a cowell Mac recovery unit for butane or propane ?
I like the corken but it s cfm compared to these is big for the same KW
And the price diffrance to
So in search of a corken or blackmer used in Europe I couldn’t find any
I decided maybe I should buy a whole gas delivery truck and pull the vapor pump these come with out
There I stumbled on blackmer as expected but also these cowell Mac
Units that are Chinese made
So I asked them for info and got this back and ordered one
So if nobody has tried them I will
But I wonder if anybody els has ???

4 Likes

Thats hot coming out 100c

I was told coming out should be way less for it is not hard to compress the butane and most likely will come out at around 45C

Thats not that bad then, im sure that thing rips. Ive seen a few corkens run and one that came from a rail yard that was on a massive machine and they were gulping butane.

3 Likes

Yes my biggest bottle neck is creating vapor to feed the thing
Plan on 3 150 liter tanks on their side
Heated with internal coils

1 Like

Ya we had many a bucket heater on it, it was hooked to a system that always had 200+lbs of gas out in the system. So we would switch to cmepols for the end for the same reason

1 Like

Yes the heat will be provided by a propane fed home heater of 32kw
Real easy and cheap and fairly precise
I have put a liquid floor heating thermostat on the unit to keep her at 40C
All second hand for 250$

1 Like

Makes me kinda miss the ole bho massive crude days. Many a vape co in la started from what we did up here 10yrs ago

3 Likes

Since crc teck the produced crude is a lot better with these large extraction units
What I do I extract warm at 1:5 solvent and dunk this in a tank wich has another 5x solvent treu a spray ball
This 1:10 solution then gets crc treu b80slowly and gives gold crude where before I would get black tar

3 Likes

Crc had never even been heard of, and master vapor pumps hadnt been made yet when i retired from it. Gives an idea of how long ago and how far this has all come. If i was to start over that the route i would be taking

3 Likes

Check out liquid ring vane pumps, they’re used in the railroad industry like you mentioned to unload entire train cars of butane. I mean if you’re going for huge, might as well go all the way.

2 Likes

https://mckennaengineering.com/process-systems/liquid-butane-loading-arm

Working with a corken 491 right now
Damn it’s hard to keep vapor production gooing have it to a 4500 L tank now running 20 pounds a minute at 3 bar 47C on the kiddy pool it s standing in :grin: Pool is realy getting soft :joy:

6 Likes

4500l? I’d love to see pics that’s huge!

1 Like

Are they oilless ?
Treuth the corken has a great oilless design 3 barriers of protection

1 Like

Yes they’re oil-less as far as I know. Got one on the way to the warehouse to play with.

1 Like

20lbs a minute is insane that is awesome! I cant wait to start using a corken, im using haskells now and they are loud, how are the corkens on noise?.

2 Likes

Well we are outside on a farm pumping round their tane😂
The tank s are heavier than the corken so was the easy choice but I wonder wich tank can produce enough vapor for optimum recovery
I am heating with a geiser on propane of 20kw ( instantenious water heater) and it can t keep up pffff
Now the tank is 1 cm steel so heat transfer sucks no coils

The noise is present but no more than a gasoline generator but I am outside

3 Likes

I was looking at those recently and wondering why more people aren’t using them. Get into the many thousands of CFM, if you want.

2 Likes