Could anyone help me hunt down Starburst OG?

Old clones are hard to find because everything has HPLV now and tons of stuff got chucked out of stables for “genetic drift” hard to find clone guys that aren’t spreading it like wildfire.

Not to be that guy, but I believe you are referring to HLVd. I only know because I just googled what you posted to figure out wtf it was. Might’ve gotten it confused with analytical instruments!

5 Likes

Thank you. Some refer to it as HpLVD… but yes he’s still butchering it

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification. I’ve seen it several ways but will use the acronym you posted going forward.

TC can take care of viruses and viroids. If someone has cuts they love, TC can do wonders for its fidelity, too, if you can find a TC lab that does DNA demethylation.

2 Likes

At around 3000 a cut. And then it’s still not guaranteed to work

2 Likes

But aren’t those cuts worth like 10k

3 Likes

Yeah, def, not cheap. And takes a long time. I haven’t contacted Front Range, but if they’re at $3,000, I hope they would offer a partial refund if they didn’t succeed. I’m looking for labs in the US that offer this service to price compare. There def is a market for this, esp at a lower price point, so I hope to see more labs in the future.

Labs I have spoke with tell you to hold on to the plant while they are trying to do meristem tc in case it doesn’t work they can try again with more material you provide. I have heard positive things but in a works of countless strains why obsess on curing a diseased one instead of getting new stuff

1 Like

I’ve got a line on Starburst OG (Khashtreemason cut) for $2K. I’m trying to trade for it. I’ll DM you.

1 Like

For sure. For something super unique that isn’t avabile anymore it could be worth it. I can see it being widely used if the price comes down to <$1000.

1 Like

2 Likes

Im always off topic somewhat. But I saw a local job I shoud apply for. Its lots of jobs ffor some plant company but they seem to have entry level jobs coating seeds or even working in the tissue culture lab. I know Im capable of this job but no experience in labs or a degree.-https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=tissue%20culture&l=Streamwood%2C%20IL&start=10&vjk=5e8f87a9c1b4c3cb

3 Likes

Actually it’s HpLVd

6 Likes

We use someone that does node culture for around $500

Meristem TC is more expensive and takes longer. It is my understanding meristem regen should “clean out more” then typical node culture. However node culture still has a high probability of cleaning out contaminants.

3 Likes

Holy shit. $500 per culture? That gets you how many explants?

Tissue culture is on my bucket list of skills and it just jumped higher. Especially synthetic seed tech.

3 Likes

Front Range Bio can’t even keep their own stock clean. Specifically at the Salinas CA location. Stay far away.

7 Likes

while you held the clone you shouldve made s1 seeds if it was that much of a keeper. then you could pheno hunt the seeds to find something similar.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip

oops I guess a grower like me/in the future can be an asset by being a small operation with no vectors of virus.