Could anyone help me hunt down Starburst OG?

I’ve got a line on Starburst OG (Khashtreemason cut) for $2K. I’m trying to trade for it. I’ll DM you.

1 Like

For sure. For something super unique that isn’t avabile anymore it could be worth it. I can see it being widely used if the price comes down to <$1000.

1 Like

2 Likes

Im always off topic somewhat. But I saw a local job I shoud apply for. Its lots of jobs ffor some plant company but they seem to have entry level jobs coating seeds or even working in the tissue culture lab. I know Im capable of this job but no experience in labs or a degree.-https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=tissue%20culture&l=Streamwood%2C%20IL&start=10&vjk=5e8f87a9c1b4c3cb

3 Likes

Actually it’s HpLVd

6 Likes

We use someone that does node culture for around $500

Meristem TC is more expensive and takes longer. It is my understanding meristem regen should “clean out more” then typical node culture. However node culture still has a high probability of cleaning out contaminants.

3 Likes

Holy shit. $500 per culture? That gets you how many explants?

Tissue culture is on my bucket list of skills and it just jumped higher. Especially synthetic seed tech.

3 Likes

Front Range Bio can’t even keep their own stock clean. Specifically at the Salinas CA location. Stay far away.

7 Likes

while you held the clone you shouldve made s1 seeds if it was that much of a keeper. then you could pheno hunt the seeds to find something similar.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip

oops I guess a grower like me/in the future can be an asset by being a small operation with no vectors of virus.

spraying silver for gold

4 Likes

I gotta get in on that high end clone game when i restart because i sux at selling weed illegally. I gotta try that legal sales job. It seems alot of insta stuff- ive grown incredible plants lots of times but I wouldnt dare post it online or sell it to strangers.

1 Like

You sure you don’t want to come make pre rolls for me for 3 bucks above min wage?

1 Like

He could probably show your boy’s how to drop roots on those cuts you collect.

2 Likes

ive been cloning from seed for 17 years in a row. I dont mind min wage but expect to get a better job based on my performance.

Where you at lol.

Darkheart has been using something called low temperature tissue culture to clean up their stock. If I understand correctly the process is done at a temperatures under 48F this reduces the mobility of the viroid. Allowing clean plant material to be harvested from the meristem and propagated via TC thus removing the viroid.

1 Like

Eugene Oregon

1 Like

Thanks, that’s very interesting, especially because the standard method seems to be heat treatment.

1 Like