Costco Rack Mod

Thank you. You can also build a rack like BVV with the T slotted framing. 80/20 is awesome!

4 Likes

which made it way harder to hide from you :wink:

1 Like

This is awesome man, I know my next upgrade on the rig!

2 Likes

How many columns are you getting on it? OSS tube racks that have that weird name are nice just not from them

Gosh dangit, that is the friggin’ business right there. I’ll get all those materials this weekend, try to put it together in between runs.

1 Like

@Concentrated_humbold I’ve got 4 tubes on mine; 3 inch material column, 6 inch collection column, two 3 inch mol sieves. So mine is smaller and lighter than a lot of people, but I’m confident it could hold a lot more. OSS has large 12” systems on there racks.

My rack is only 2 feet wide, but you can buy any size length tube you want and have it be any size you desire. If your worried about weight, just buy more flat angle flat plates to go across.

@YourMomGoesToCollege if I were you, I’d build a bigger rack than mine. You can make the base wider if you want, and go wider than 2 feet (however big you think you need to go). Probably buy 2 more angle flat flats to go across too to support the extra weight and length.

4 Likes

I was gifted this 48"rack from a forum member,:pray:, I removed the bottom frame, the turned the top portion 90° to vertical, making it 24", to accommodate my space and system, 3" mc’s and 6x30 collection. 25# recovery
I haven’t ran it yet this way, or at all in a while, on a budget with the parts i have, gonna run this week finally, it’s ratty🤙

This is assembly, not work space

8 Likes

Ya i wanna build a new one, i just tap drilled a px1 rack and added 3 more columns to it so its kinda tight.

2 Likes

Ive got that same condenser for sale if anyone interested.

My tanks drain like that too, its a Bhogart thing AFAIK

1 Like

Time to build that dream rack. 80/20 will cut to size any length of tube you need.

1 Like

How sturdy would you say your ready tube rack is?

I’m looking to build a rack instead of overpaying someone else to build it, and what you listed seems like a nice affordable option.