Cops once again being clowns: Mother and son hemp farmers facing prison because hemp tested at 0.6% THC

You almost can’t make this up

DCI and Laramie County prosecutors are accusing the mother-and-son farmers of growing marijuana with the intent to distribute because the 700-plus pounds of dried plant material law enforcement seized tested slightly above the legal THC-concentration limit of 0.3%, according to a DCI affidavit. The farmers, Deb Palm-Egle and her son, Josh Egle, could face years, even decades, in prison if convicted.

And here is what the informant told the cops:

The source also said that Palm-Egle, who is in her 60s, talked in conversation about marijuana easing the symptoms of her multiple sclerosis.

2 Likes

I feel like these new total t laws are going to open up the floodgates. Law enforcement loves easy targets with assets to steal.

6 Likes

Fuck the police and fuck the “war on drugs.”

3 Likes

That is too funny. Where is the market for .06 THC? I assume…they are registeted hemp growers, maybe with years of legal licensed growing. Hope they dont plead and force the fools to prosecute to the fullest.
It kills their budgets and they rately have a case. Forcing them to expend all of their resources cuts into their resources to screw over others. They want simple for their score cards and on to he next quickly. It is a numbers and income game for them.
Lest you assume these are easy words, I am down $12mm playing their game so far.

Just don’t ever go to Wyoming. Tried to arrest me for a notebook on our cbd business.

4 Likes

There was a preliminary hearing last week in Laramie County. Anyone how that went? Hopefully dismissed, but no news to indicate as much. Nevermind, see below from Marijuana Moment:

edit
UPDATE: Laramie County prosecutor David Singleton and attorneys for the defendants questioned Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigations Special Agent John Briggs on Thursday during the start of the preliminary hearing. Laramie County Circuit Court Judge Antoinette Williams is presiding over the hearing, which was extended to an as-yet-unannounced date. — Ed.

1 Like