Converted Or Not

The test results could go either way. Perfectly possible from biomass with just excess time at temperature during distillation.

That color however says conversion that didn’t get properly washed and ph balanced. Does it have an aroma?

1 Like

cough inventory adjustments cough sublotting cough

above link is also relevant here, Unicorn brands was using p-tsa and DCM and doing partial conversions, then using a methanol/water chromatography system to spit the cbd back out

8 Likes

You mean people are still using biomass? Isolate is the new biomass I thought.

1 Like

Jfc people are dumb.

To reiterate: Trusted Vendors

1 Like

I regularly have 1-2% cbg in my distillate

Boo! These both elute the same via HPLC. Not in my wheelhouse otherwise.

Appreciate your knowledge drops!

This is actually untrue. Traditional testing labs have methods developed from the perspective of ROI/run time. I’ve developed a pretty easy method in which exo (delta 9,11) elutes almost a minute before delta 8. You have about 5 variables to play with relative to an HPLC, and manipulating a couple things can give adequate separation in just about any matrix.

Relative to this topic, I believe it is converted. As others have mentioned, the presence of delta 8 + the color = conversion candidate. Hydroxylated cannabinoids have also been shown to elute at around the same point as CBG, which I believe I’ve explained elsewhere, meaning that you could more or less deduce the method of synthesis and solvent if it is indeed converted.

This brings me to a topic that’s becoming increasingly important in the traditional market–

Is anyone interested in GCMS and HPLC analysis of concentrates that appear to be converted? I’ve run and analyzed several hundred samples at this point, have the spectra of several “unknown” byproducts that I’ve deduced the structure of via their fragmentation pattern, and could offer this as a service, i.e. don’t get fucked buying 50L of distillate because you relied on a COA procured by a broker.

13 Likes

I’ve looked at enough test results to know :man_shrugging:

It could totally be not converted and just not had the carbon filtered out causing the D8. Just my hunch.

3 Likes

Seems a bit rudimentary I’d say, I have a plethora of results that look nearly identical to this that were absolutely not converted.

Not to say certain markers aren’t there, they are, but these numbers alone give no unequivocal answer.

5 Likes