Conversion of CBD distillate to d8 and/or d9 for medical use

Long story short… I am on fixed income and decided buying cbd and converting it would be most economical. I have 1 kilogram of distillate. The topics I see on here convert isolate to d8 and d9.

Is there a way to do it with distillate, or do I need to buy isolate?
What equipment or materials do I need? I want to do this as inexpensively as possible. I just have the distillate at this time.

T41 in the flask, distill

1 Like

Have you tried AC Rowan? And instead of using t41 or AC media why dont people stick with an acid for easy cleaning of flasks and better conversion?

Whats the benefit of t41 vs a strong acid like tosic or sulphuric?

1 Like

Its safer

1 Like

Its safer…until you ruin all your glasswear with powder or inhale that shit :smiley:

1 Like

What? Spoken like someone who has never ran media in their bf lol.
Ive done this ateast 100 times not exaggerating. On the same glass. Why would this ruin glass and why would there be powder in your oil? This isnt a 1 and done deal. Re run it. Also this pic was done with AC

5 Likes

I just ment cleaning and using media is a bit messy comparer to an acid.

Also just wondering why people or you prefer AC vs T41 at 5-10%? I guess some people say better clarity with T41 but yours seems to be amazing with AC

Ill use whatever we have on hand. I get clearer with ac. T41 gets me a clear gold

1 Like

How do you find the high of D8 is like compared to D9?

Dull. Can smake it all day and not get lazy. A functional stoners dream

4 Likes

What ratios D8/D9? Looks great! Starting with CBD disty or isolate?

Whats your best conversion yeild? and have you used cbd isolate and cbd distillate - which do you prefer and why?

I hear alot of people saying cbd isolate is best but with a 95%+ cbd distillate i cant see why it wouldnt be successful

I’m not sure about the conversion process but I have heard that separation with cbd present is much more difficult. Referring to a reddit post

I think it’s faster and better conversions refluxing in a flask with catalyst of choice then filtering and then distilling.

Done both ways and will never distill with clays or catalyst in in the spd flask again

4 Likes

Reflux in the flask? If so how long?

1 Like

Try 4 hours for 1 kilo

2 Likes

Thanks for the response, then filter and distill? Is there a fair amount of side reactions to be concerned about? I remember posting about a CBD to cbn conversion I did using iodione without doingmore than a saline wash to clean up the product and vaping that and found out how foolish I was after the replies I got. I do not want a repeat of that lmao.

Yes, youll also get d9 and d10 and some mystery peaks.
Filter thru clay and celite, then distill.

1 Like

Thanks again sounds good!

I’m “guinea piggin” this reaction with CBD distillate on a 20L short path. T41 in reaction flask, and cooked for 12+ hours in atmosphere free environment. Currently, all im getting is a bunch of azule (blues) in the collection vessel. Is my initial reaction improper? How can I go about remedying these D8 blues?

1 Like