Controlled Crash Seminar - Evolved Extraction - Ontario - 7/22 - 23

GLG affiliates Evolved Extraction Solutions and Yellowstone Extraction Company have teamed up to bring their Genome Hydrocarbon system to the Canadian, and global markets.

A piece of the Genome line is their novel crystallizer technology which will be on display at their weekend long crystallization seminar in Guelph, Ontario, just outside of Toronto, on July 21, 22, and 23rd.

I will be there and @murphymurri will be teaching alongside Linden from Yellowstone.

The seminar is a top to bottom crystalization seminar, details below:

For more information head over to their Website

7 Likes

Murphy and I went up there last month to assess the system and their claims about rapid crystallization, and the tech is slick, both simple and involving commonly used solvents. After the first class (which is basically the public debut of the tech) I’ll be at liberty to discuss the general idea openly with you guys here.

9 Likes

Check out this video inside the Controlled Crystallizer vessel. This is in real-time and is repeatable. You can easily 10x your THCa production with the one Controlled Crystallizer, which can process 25kg of THCa crystals per shift!

1 Like

Hot take:

If the equipment requires people at this level of skill to attend a multi day seminar on its use it isn’t that great of equipment.

Automate it so we don’t have to go to a class or learn anything please.

2 Likes

The seminar reviews crystallization methods on three scales jar tech, diamond miners and our Controlled Crash method. We cover the fundamentals classroom portion all the way up to the hands-on operation of the equipment with real biomass. From the sounds of it, you are a seasoned vet and may find more value in learning more about the Controlled Crystallizer tech in which case I would be happy to schedule a call to review. What is your current process/capacity for THCa crystallization?

1 Like

Weird marketing. You basically invented the automobile and are having classes on horse and buggy riding

3 Likes

Not everyone is ready to scale their THCa crystallization to the Controlled Crystallizer’s scale today. We are here to help new markets/processors get set up and systematically scale into the crystallizer.

When the car was just invented, it took decades before it became common. This seminar is to teach processors how to make THCa crystals, scale the process and then dominate their market.

2 Likes

It’s more akin to them inventing a semi truck and doing classes on how the internal combustion engine works, including a 2 stroke lawnmower, a crate 350, as well as the cummins turbo diesel powering that semi.

2 Likes

You can 10x or more your crystalization speeds with just some ln2 and a few stainless pressure vessels.

What’s the price point on this “controlled crystallization” device? What advantages does it offer over a diamond miner or similar hardware used for the same purpose?

There is a bit more to it, but pretty much. Happy to go over the tech in detail with you on a call. This is not a new phenomenon we have just allowed manufacturers to have full control over consistent and repeatable rapid THCa crystallization.

As for pricing it ranges depending on what you’re looking to accomplish and what equipment you’ve already got that we are integrating with. The big variable is your current heating and chilling capacity on-site and if you’ve already got a bho extractor to feed the crystallizer with enough crude.

We are working with clients on projects ranging from $80k to $500k based on their unique requirements. We usually break these projects out in phases as access to capital is usually a factor.

Let’s jump on a quick call and review how much we can get you set up for.

2 Likes

This forum has not historically been kind to “call for info, call for quote” type pitches.

So let’s hear about it and decide if it’s worth suffering through a sales call.

6 Likes

Yup the class is next weekend and part of my deal with them is being able to divulge the general idea after the class

1 Like

My bad, I thought this already happened - my brain read June. I’ll put the soapbox away.

1 Like

So what’s the good word? Can ya break the vow of silence on this system/tech?

5 Likes

Class went incredibly well, crystallizer slayed.

Travel to and from Toronto is a pita.

Basic summary of the tech:

After extraction off the biomass, the solution is deposited into the crystallizer where a specific saturation level is achieved, then the pressure and temperature variables are set.

Cold propane is added to the solution, simultaneously dropping the entire solution temperature (cold crash) while also changing the actual chemical solubility of the solution (propane “antisolvent”).

This is all done with the mixer spinning.

Here’s a pic of the THCa crashing out of the (nasty brown) solution within a couple minutes of the propane injection.

The solution is allowed to form a crystal matrix similar to that of a 7-11 slushie while mixing. Mixer is then stopped and solution can either be drained, or given another minute or 2 to allow the crystals to attach slightly, enabling the operator to drain the HTE and then wash with fresh solvent. Crystals can then either be drained, or dissolved back into warm solvent and process repeated to produce an even faster/cleaner crash.

Here’s the THCa after the HTE was drained and the remaining crystals washed once, then redissolved in just enough butane to evacuate the vessel

And here’s the reX in a miner

Next step for them is a paddle modification so that the reX can occur in the crystallizer, while agitating, to create larger loose crystals.

13 Likes

4 Likes

I know I’ve brought it up on ig before but interest3d to what the forum members think. Can this be considered antisolvent crystallization?

From my understanding of an lpg is not a good solvent to anti solvent with. To anti solvent crash
AB=soluble
A
C=soluble
B*C= not soluble at all

When A*B are in solution adding C makes B fall out do to it no longer being soluble

1 Like

The THCa is soluble in butane. When propane is added, THCa becomes less soluble in the now mixed propane and butane, and crashes out even when temps are kept constant.

That fits the definition of antisolvent but call it whatever you want.

The effect is definitely sped up when the propane is injected cold though

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.cgd.2c00014#:~:text=(16)%20In%20the%20case%20of,the%20change%20in%20the%20supersaturation.

1 Like

Is propane an ideal antisolvent? I’d say no. Does it work in this context? I’ve been hearing about it from various parties for at least three years now, so I presume yes.

I figured this was going to be something a bit more novel tbh. Seems like it might be useful if you’re set up for it though.

2 Likes

I haven’t had much luck in the literature trying to research gas based antisolvent, likely because hydrocarbon gasses aren’t used for extraction much.

Here’s an interesting paper though

1 Like