Consulting needed - Remove THC from crude with chromatography

We only have the 420 unit, so we plan on just using a single 50 liter roto (to recover about 80 gallons in 24 hours continuous chromo use).

This will definitely be our bottle neck and we will probably pickup a second roto. When we purchase a larger chromo within the next month, we will also purchase appropriate solvent recovery. @Psilisophical has the right idea with dedicated FFE for each fraction, but that’ll definitely be a phase 2 consideration.

1 Like

New member here. Had to wait 24 hours until I could reply.

Thank you. But we would prefer to remove the THC from the winterized crude before we distill it. And we would like to build the equipment ourselves with either glass parts or closed loop parts. We have seen people do it on instagram. Does anybody here have experience in that area?

Ok if you want to go that route, easiest method is dry column vacuum chromatography aka DCVC. Very labor intensive though without gradient pumps.

2 Likes

What kind of volume are you looking to produce on a monthly scale?

would you go into more detail on this? Interested.

Best info by far to get the gist of it.

Generally, if you have consistent crude (i.e. same source) to process, you can optimize your SOP for separation at scale.

4 Likes

We are currently processing around 5 kilos of crude per week, so around 15 kilos per month

Has anyone been able to address the dark purple color of the distillate after it passes through the chromo?

I’m using the 400 model with the methanol sop that comes standard. All my fractions come out dark red purple and pink.

I haven’t tried CRC yet… has anyone had success producing nice gold distillate after processing with the interchim? Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks gang

1 Like

Interchim 420?

That’s so strange- nobody at interchim told me about that, I opted for the buchi cause they recommended EToH and I wanted to be able to say “buchigang buchigang buchigang” ad infinitum as I used the tools

10 Likes

Usually color change like that is a PH Imbalance, dissolve in 190 proof ethanol and check PH. Titrate with citric acid or mgo until the ph of your ethanol with crude in it reads 7.1 and see if that fixes it. Cbd reacts badly to ph changes.

3 Likes

I’ll provide an updated next week

@Frankie did you ever try it? I am having the same problems

Not yet! I, did however get myself a ph-meter. slowly going the right direction…

One thing that is worth noting. My team took ~300g discolored, post-chromo distillate and we re-distiled it in the SPD. This produced a beautiful clear and light golden oil…

@JeRemediation. Send me a direct message. I’ll keep you up to date with what i have planned. I bet we could figure a few things out between the two of us.

1 Like

Does anyone have any input with running the interchim or any other chromo equipment with only using ethanol?

I know 2 labs who purchased this equipment one who spent $1.8M and after 45 days… Still calibrating and the yields are not good. Make sure to do your research

1 Like

I have used 200proof Ethanol as a mobile phase. The compounds eluted to close together to separate efficiently. I have better results with a gradient of ETH & H2O. Ive also had success with 180 proof isocratic runs.

1 Like

Was this using forward phase or reverse phase?

forgot to tag you so you would get notified @Chrondor

im new here.
i love this topic

1 Like

What was your method?